• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How can the council say ok to this?!??!

Ejay

Some of you may have read my previous posts about Bailey my 7 months old Cav. Since bringing her home she has been poorly, and last month i decided to contact the council who said they will go out and spot check the premises.

I got home from work early this avo, and something made me look on the website i know the breeder who i bought Bailey off uses. She had a total of 9 litters and all small numbers of pups available 4 at most, but some only 2 or 3. This screamed dealer/puppy farm to me which prompted me to recontact the council.

I spoke to the same lady i had done the last time, they hadn;t been out but she put it in her diary for next week. (I intend to now ring every week til this has been done). Out of interest i asked how many dogs they held a licence for..... 80 yes that is EIGHTY breeding bitches!!!!!!!!

I explained my concerns with regards to puppy farming, the amount of litters she was selling and the welfare of the animals, in particular my puppy who has been extremely ill since coming home. i am so annoyed - mainly with myself!! why didn;t i check all of this before hand? how can anybody who has EIGHTY bitches be decent? its completely unethical asfar as i am concerned and i have only perpetuated this ongoing cycle by buying from them!!

saying that, i wouldn't change Bailey for the world, she is lovely, but it really isn;t very suprising that she was so ill.

They have it so planned out, show you the pups in the conservatory with mum, all lovely and cute with council licence on the wall. I thought at my age i was a bit more savvy, but clearly not!

sorry for the rant, i am just so annoyed!!!

Disgraceful just doesn't even begin to describe it!
It's almost like farming battery chickens by the sound of that. I'd love to know what the RSPCA and BVA are prepared to do about that?
Sins

Don't beat yourself up, these people are very crafty and know how to trick the public,it's hard to believe they'd get a breeders licence to keep 80 dogs isn't it, just goes to prove the council know exactly what's going on there
Ive been wondering lately how little Bailey is doing so I'm glad she's ok at the minute

Have you spoken to the RSPCA about going after the breeder for selling sickly puppies as well? Or what options you might have?

no i havent contacted RSPCA, i thought it was best to try the council. shall i also ring rspca??

i am intending to (after more tests) take the breeder to small claims court and make sure that the local paper are there.

i am so utterly appalled that the council think its acceptable to issue a licence for 80 dogs, i thought that 10 would be a lot, but 80?!?!?!

as for Bailey, she's ok at the moment, but once she's a little stronger we need more tests as the blood tests showed renal insuffuciency which apparantly is usually found in elderly dogs. its just so infuriating that this couple are selling so many puppies who are potentially going to be as ill as my bailey.

That's heartbreaking :( Poor Bailey.
I'd say certainly contact the RSPCA. and I hope the small claims court takes her to the cleaners :)

I would contact the RSPCA before taking her to small claims court. The RSPCA findings can be used as evidence in your case and if you do get the local press to attend - they will hear that evidence and could report it.

Back