• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do dogs catch colds?

Sabby

My Question !!! Do dogs catch colds? :confused:
Three weeks ago I was looking after my friends cavaliers and noticed that one of them was sneezing a lot. The day after I got my puppy and one day later my Ebony started sneezing and then the puppy started sneezing. As I had to go for Harleys first injection I mentioned the sneezing to the vet and he listened to his chest and heart and said that he was fine, just to watch out that the sneezing is not turning into a cough. Four days later all three of my dogs were sneezing and Rosie was the worst. I booked an appointment with the vets and took Harley and Rosie along. He again listened to their chest and took their temperature and everything was fine. He gave some antibiotics but didn’t really say what he thinks it was. Tomorrow is the last day for the antibiotics. Ebony has stopped sneezing and the other two are showing great improvement. I have kept away from my obedience classes for two weeks now as I personally think that it was catching. Has anybody had similar experiences ?

Sabby

Every morning when my mom's cavalier, Hope, wants to wake up, she comes up to my mom's face in the bed and starts sneezing :lol: She sneezes in her face until she gets up :lol: :lol:

My two don't generally sneeze a lot, but I suppose your vet must have had reason for prescribing the antibiotics ;) Good luck :flwr:

My cav cross does that too - she gets right up to your face, as if she wants to lick you - but sneezes instead. She seems to think it's hilarious :p

Certainly some bugs can be passed between dogs and dogs and dogs and humans. Last year, Merlin passed a sicky tummy bug to me and I passed it to Oakley - the vet said its quite common especially if you are very affectionate and kissy with your dog

Back