• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Updated treatment sheet for CM/SM

Thanks Karlin. Seems the first course of action is a CSF pressure reducing drug. Maybe I should ask for one for Dylan.

Last edited:
It might be good for him to be on one of them -- they are pretty safe. :) I think of it as something that at least helps a bit, even if there's no obvious direct relief. Geoff Skerritt tends to start them on frusemide but as that is a diuretic I prefer cimetidine or omeprazole. I have Leo on omeprazole but Lily can't tolerate it so she is on cimetidine. The main change to this version of the treatment diagram is adding in the other CSF inhibitors, I think.

Yes I noticed that was there and a couple of other things that are named specifically -- that is very useful to know the other possible drug names.

The Amantadine is quite expensive; it was in a flavored liquid form from the compounding pharmacist for Charlie. I think it's used to treat Parkinson's disease in humans.

Back