• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

It has been a rough night...

I'm so glad to hear he's doing well. Sending lots of love and positive thoughts to your little boy! :lotsaluv::hug:
I'm not sure, but you may be the first member of CavTalk to go through this experience. I know it is nerve-wracking, but your vet sounds very reassuring, thank goodness!

Glad to hear your precious little boy is doing well. :xfngr: for a speedy recovery. I'm sure he will do just fine. It seems like you have a good surgeon there

Just got off the phone with the surgeon, he is doing well and will be ready to go home this afternoon. I am leaving work early to go get him and meet with the physical therapist to go over his at home rehab. He'll need to go there a few times a week for managed physical therapy and then he'll get his stitches out in 10 days. I'll limit his activity at home, which lucky for him translates to more snuggle time with me!

His brothers and sister miss him terribly, everytime I come home they look behind me and all around trying to find him. I am thrilled this all worked out and hopefully we are on the road to recovery!

glad to hear he is ready to go home!! sorry only seen post there now, i hope that he has a speedy recovery!

Well he is all settled in at home and doing very well. He is putting a little weight on the surgery side which they said is a good start. They definitely don't want him to avoid using it because that will hinder the development of scar tissue that will hold everything together. He is getting pampered in my bed and loving every minute of it-the other dogs are very upset they cannot run around and play with him but we are following doctors orders! He does have to wear an e-collar but he seems to be fine with it, or that could just be the painkillers talking...We go back in 10-14 days to have his stitches removed and for his first physical therapy appointment. I am so glad he is doing well, I did miss him terribly while he was at the doctors.

My little guy continues to improve. He is now putting weight on the bad side all of the time and his gait is starting to straighten out. I have weaned him of the pain pills and he is doing great. We just had a friend come over with her two cavaliers and he enjoyed the company (his brothers and sister did too!). I have hired a pet sitter who is going to come three days a week and do some slow short walks with him to keep him mobile and help with the healing process. Fingers crossed that things continue to go well. Thanks for all of your kind words and thoughts!

Well, good news-we have seen the physical therapist and he now has 100% range of motion back. The only time he shows pain is when we try and fully extend his leg, but that should improve with time. We see the physical therapist twice a week through the rest of the year and he gets to do all kinds of fun stuff. He had his first go around on the underwater treadmill-a little nervous at first-but then went 12 minutes on it and loved it! My fingers are crossed that he keeps improving and we keep getting good reports.

Back