• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Super Hyper!! Is This Normal!

mummy2millie

millie is now 4 months old and weve been going walkies for 2 nearly 3 weeks now she starts really good on her lead harness bou on the way home she starts pulling like shes in a race... i do let her off lead on the big fields so she gets a run but when we get home she goes hyper running round the room on the sofa it scares me that she will hurt herself. ive also noticed this past few days if she doesnt get her own way she started barking and growling not in a malicious way but like shes pushing bounderies like a kid i suppose. is this normal behaviour will it pass is just a phase or could i be doing something wrong.... please help:confused:
michelle xx

do you walk the same route back?

Charlie does the same thing, he now knows which route is taking him home, and his energy levels spike in anticipation before finally getting home and being over the moon.

Vary the walking routes, take a couple of breaks during the walk etc. Worked for Charlie

oh wow is that what it is... shes happy to be home.
will vary the walk home see what happens. thankyou for your help:jump:

well it could also be something else of course, such as diet - but the little breaks, varied routes (i like to walk past my front door and back around the block) should help cut that anticipation down.

I also make Charlie wait outside the front door with me until he is calm. He's starting to figure out that if he's bouncing off walls, he's not getting in :)

our maggie is 8 months old and she is a walker - she LOVES to walk. we try to get in a mile to two miles daily (though sometimes it's just a couple blocks).

for what it's worth, the longer the walk, the more amped she gets on returning, and when we get home, i plop down on the sofa and she tears around our apartment at full speed, killing her toys and running in circles... i think (i hope!) it is a puppy thing....

Would he get wet on walks.... when mine get home if they're wet they lose the plot altogether :lol: It was a bit drizzly for our walk yesterday, and dougal literally pulled the whole way home (which he never does, but his feet were soaked and he's not good with discomfort ;) )

Back