Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: My fears have been confirmed

Post Thanks / Like

I am so sorry to hear about Star, it is just so very sad to hear another one of our cavaliers has been diagnosed with SM, sending you and Star Thanks to your instincts Star is now receiving the best treatment sooner rather then later.
    Last edited by Jasperxxgabby; 17th November 2008 at 07:29 PM.
    Andrea
    Jasper tri
    21/Dec/05, Gabby ruby girl 8/Nov/07, and Felix the cat 4/April/10

Post Thanks / Like

I'm very sorry It's wonderful that you caught it early and can treat it somewhat, or at least manage any pain. I'm sure many a pet owner has spent years wondering about the symptoms you noticed.
    Cecily, owned by Dougal (B&T boy, age 2) and Dora (Blenheim female, age 2, rescue)

Cavaliers at the bridge, much missed and not forgotten: Aggie (tricolour female) and Rio (Blenheim female) and Tandie (ruby female)

Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry to hear Star's diagnosis, beautiful sweet girl. You were quick to see her troubles and you've spared her some difficulties by getting physician direction now. She is and always will be your Star-she didn't change because of the diagnosis-and she'll always be happy one day at a time.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry that it has turned out this way, but at least now you know for sure. You followed your instincts, and now Star is on medication which should combat any pain she has been feeling

Post Thanks / Like

Big to you and Star.....It must be devastating to get news like that with such a young pup

Post Thanks / Like

Such horrible news to receive but at least you now know,you can concentrate on giving her the best help she needs,she's still your little Star and she is beautiful.Thinking of you and Little Star
    Mam to Alex our 14mth old blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

i am so sorry that star has SM, thank god it is mild and lets hope it will stay that way!
    Mom to freddie 1 yr old (blen), baxter 1 yr old (ruby) and molly 3yr old (tri)

Post Thanks / Like

Thinking of you all - you are a fab cavi owner to get this sorted so quickly . I know you feel devastated at the moment, Tilly was diagnosed at just over a year - she was showing symptoms from just 6 months! Theres no getting away from it SM is the pits - however with early diagnosis and gabapentin every 8 hours you can still have a pretty active little dog - with a great quality of life. Tilly was 2 on Friday - she is a complete delight, the gabapentin seems to be working and like you we are determined to give our girl the best possible life and enjoy her to the full.
    Keep going - sending you a big hug

Post Thanks / Like

We're so sorry to hear this news, just wanted to pass on some from all of us
    Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran.....our 2 Blenhiem girls Lucy and Megan, Jake the Lab, and the old man of the house...Charlie

Post Thanks / Like

You are a lovely mum to Star, you quickly acted on your instincts, and now she's already on the right medication.

Sending gentle cuddles to Star and here is a big bunch of flowers for you to .