Thread: What a cheek!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default What a cheek!!

I was in the park with my cocker spaniel today and seen a woman with a lovely little blenheim. We got to talking and she told me she got her from a kennel in Hamilton, she couldn't remember the name but I should go as they had lots of different breeds of dogs to choose from!! The reason she picked a cavalier was because they didn't eat much
    She then went on to say she wasn't going to stop as cocker spaniels were usually horrible and badly behaved, I couldn't believe it, my dog was lying down at my feet and her dog was climbing up my leg
    I was speechless, some people just seem to open their mouth without engaging their brains!

Post Thanks / Like

Good job she has not met my brothers cocker, she thinks she a cavalier and loves meeting other Cavs. In fact she can be a little bit too friendly with the male She may no longer have the bits but still remembers what to do.
    Davy, SiānE&Ella
    & sometimes Cassie the cocker AKA 'the black shadow''

~Blind Dogs See With Their Hearts♥~
    My cavalier not spoilt...I'm just well trained!

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear, some people just don't think, do they

What an excellent way of picking a dog though... because they don't eat much! Maybe not, but their vet bills can be just as huge as any other breed!

I remember long months of research before deciding that the Cavalier was right for us. Reading their activity levels, grooming requirements, health issues just to name a few

Post Thanks / Like

I live near Hamilton and didnt know there was any kennels with cavaliers in them.
    Cant believe she was so rude!
    Cavaliers dnt eat much....i thought cockers would just eat slightly more than a cav.So not a huge difference.
    What a way to choose a breed of dog....never mind their beautiful characters..... choosing because of how much they eat??? I have never heard that before.
    Do u think she was aware of any health issues with them????
    Last edited by leesanlucie; 18th November 2008 at 04:15 PM.
    Leesa
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    Lucie (Blenhiem) 8th Feb 2006
    Sasha(blk n tan) 19th May 2008

Post Thanks / Like

This is not a good reason to get a dog! Yes, some people forget to think
    Sunna & the dogs:
    Fjalar (8 years old tricolour boy)
    Mirra (5 years old blenheim girl)
    Molder (black & tan) - beautiful angel waiting at the Rainbow~Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear oh dear. This woman is just the sort of person that the Puppy Farmers are aiming at. I'm suprised she didnt choose a Chauhaua (cant spell it, but those little mini dogs).