• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Spaying question

Ejay

Hi all, just wanting a bit of info/advice if anyone can help

Bailey is now 7 and a half months old, she has not come into season as yet. I have been reading the arguments for both why and why not to spay before/after their first season.

Well the reason i havent had her spayed yet is due to her size, she is now approx 3.6kg and although growing a little, really hasn;t grown much at all in the last couple of months (prob half a kg). She is still very little and qill happily curl up on my front under my chin.

I am worried about her going under anaesthetic being so little still (and also due to her on-off cough issues which are still being looked into), and do not know what is best. Is she more at risk under the anaesthetic due to her size/cough. Also, does spaying affect growth hormones, as she doesn't seem to be having the best luck with growing as it is??

Help!:confused:

You need to address all these questions to your vet. These are professional advice questions, not something anyone here would be qualified to answer, and I wouldn't want you to depend on informal advice rather than informed opinion on an issue like this where either way there could be health implications. (y) I am sure your vet will go through all these concerns and questions.

thanks Karlin, i'll contact the vet over the nxt week and see what she advises (y)

Back