Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 43 lb cavalier in weight challenge

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default 43 lb cavalier in weight challenge

Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Blimey SiânE kills me at 27 lbs I hate to having to pick that weight up
    Davy, SinE&Ella
    & sometimes Cassie the cocker AKA 'the black shadow''

~Blind Dogs See With Their Hearts♥~
    My cavalier not spoilt...I'm just well trained!

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

The owner said,"Bo's favourites are bread and butter and toast. And I'm guilty of giving him two or three pigs' ears a day – on top of his fresh chicken and dog food."
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like

Butter and Toast, and oh my god 3 pigs ears a day?
    What is the owner thinking?
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

That's so sad. Somehow I got complacent with Mindy and the next thing I knew she was overweight. Bringing it down has not been easy but at 21.1 pounds she is only a pound or two away from her best weight.

Post Thanks / Like

Whoa!!! That is one huge Cavalier. Hopefully the owner will learn a good lesson on proper care and feeding after this weight loss challenge.

Dottie is just under 16 lbs, and at her perfect weight, but our foster girl Claire Bear is a little tubby at 21lbs. She needs to lose at least 4 or 5 lbs and we are working on that now. It's amazing how heavy she feels when carried...and she LOVES to be carried. I can't imagine trying to heft a Cavalier over 40lbs!
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Post Thanks / Like

OMG!! That owner should be ashamed of herself. and the poor thing is only 2 years old! I was feeling guilty that dougal was weighing in at a hefty 10kg. Dora is only 6 and a half. Dougal's goal for the moment is 9kg, as he's a much bigger dog than Dora anyway (and must have about 1kg of hair).

We were out for a walk last night and a man stopped to tell us he had 'one of those' at home. Then he went on to say "but yours are just pups, aren't they" I asked him if it was a cavalier he had, thinking he must have a cocker or something and was mixing them up, but no, he confirmed it was a blenheim that was at least "3 times the size of them... built like a tank.". Then he told me I shouldn't be walking them too much because they suffer from bad hearts. Easy knowing his doesn't get much exercise!
    Cecily, owned by Dougal (B&T boy, age 2) and Dora (Blenheim female, age 2, rescue)

Cavaliers at the bridge, much missed and not forgotten: Aggie (tricolour female) and Rio (Blenheim female) and Tandie (ruby female)

Post Thanks / Like

My mother's tricolor was 42 lbs when he arrived as a two year old rescue.
    He's still a very big boy and has lost weight over the last ten months but still has lots more to lose.He's due back to the vet for weighing at the end of the month.He has a walk on scales which saves your back.
    He's also the tallest cavalier I've ever seen, not to mention the hairiest.
    I must get some new pictures when I'm up in the next fortnight.
    There's a lot of work involved in keeping his coat but they're determined to resist clipping him.
    Sins

Post Thanks / Like

19.75kg!! How sad. My dogs are all their perfect weight, last time I weighed them, Mirra was 5,8 kg, Molder was 8,8 kg and Fjalar 9,0 kg.
    And three pigs' ears a day, what is wrong with people? Doesn't the owner realize that this could make the dog very sick?
    Sunna & the dogs:
    Fjalar (8 years old tricolour boy)
    Mirra (5 years old blenheim girl)
    Molder (black & tan) - beautiful angel waiting at the Rainbow~Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

I cannot say a lot my Barney is one of the biggest cavaliers I have seen compared to Jake & Sam he is tall, longer, bigger,we walk every day and he runs after leaves and any thing that moves in front of him but he is one of the most laid back dogs you could wish to meet at home he does not get pigs ear at all
    ----Aileen and the gang(Barney---Jazzie---Jake)
    Cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky& Sam
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference.Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.