Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Ckcs Club Membership-refused

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by RodRussell View Post
    Remember what Groucho Marx had to say about joining clubs: "I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member!"

Sometimes you can accomplish more by not being in the club. At least they can't try to kick you out of it.

Well said!
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Why don't you wait and see if other applicants are turned down for membership? If there are a number of people, I think it would be newsworthy. In light of what has happened lately, I think a newspaper would pick up the story. Hang in there!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi
    Well after a think and now I have nothing to lose and I also disagree with Rod ,I believe change will only come from members within subject to a lot off pressure from outside ,

I have contacted Jemima Harrison of Passionate Productions and she is amazed at the refusal and suggested other things for me to pursue.

I have also emailed Beverly Cuddy of Dogs Today magazine and advised her of the full story and the outcome and I am going to ask on that breeders owned and run forum Cavalier Chat why was I refused what have I done wrong ,I am not a breeder and therefore have no skeletons to rattle in my cupboard (this of course does not include all you excellent good ethical breeders so pls do not take offense ) .

I shall also write to one of our greatest pioneering man of the people MP my own MR Frank Field and last but not least I shall advise the K Club of the developments of the CKCS Club.Anybody think of any one I have missed.

Watch this space
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

[quote=Brian M;297635]Hi

Not happy Dawn just phoned and said a letter has arrived from above turning us down as 3 committee members voted against us . Will post full details later[/quote

What a sham this club has turned out to be, I would say the reasons you gave why you thought your membership had been refused are bang on correct.
    I know what I would do and that would be to notify everyone, the KC, The Independant (very supportive of canine health) Passionate Productions and THE DOG WORLD NEWSPAPER.
    I am sorry this has happened to you Brian, I am ashamed at being a member of this club but also feel if I resigned from membership than I and my husband would lose the right to vote next year.
    HollyDolly

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

One more - K9 Magazine might be interested in your story.
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)