• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ckcs Club Membership-refused

Brian M

:mad:Hi

Not happy Dawn just phoned and said a letter has arrived from above turning us down as 3 committee members voted against us . Will post full details later:mad:

I wanted to become a member; I just haven’t got my breeder to give me her details yet. Jan Bell was going to help me with the second signature. Back then I voiced my concerns that they will refuse us membership if they find out whom we are and that we are joining to support Margaret. That’s what I wrote to Jan Bell:The way I read is that there is no guarantee that you get accepted as a member.
There are a few posts on the forum indicating that people/breeders come on the forum just to have a look to see our opinions. I am just wondering that people will know who we are and might not accept the membership because they know that we are supporting Margaret.
Jan went and ask Karlin (I don’t want to post exactly what Karlins reply was as it was a private message, unless Karlin don’t mind me posting it) but Karlin mentioned that they would have to have good reason to refuse you membership. I’ am sorry to say but I had a feeling this would happen, as they know that we want to vote Margaret back in.
Jan and Karlin: I hope you don’t mind me mentioning this.

Hi

After the way a CKCS committee member was so unjustly treated after that BBC programme and after reading so many knowledgeable posts on our forum and being in total agreement I thought I would apply for membership of the club for Dawn and I and do the democratic thing and object from within, and vote for committee members at their next AGM .So I duly printed off the forms completed had them and also had them completed by existing members and duly sent them off with my fee on the 18 th Sept. And waited and waited then last week I emailed the club asked whats happening I then received a reply from a lady named Annette informing me the next meting was on the 15 th Nov and new memberships were to be discussed ,so I duly received a letter this morning saying.

Dear Mr Murtagh
Your application for membership was considered at the recent committee meeting of the CKCS and I regret to inform you that your membership to the club has not been approved by the committee.

Applications are presented to the the committee for approval under the rules of the club and if three of the persons entitled to vote decline to accept an application then the same will be refused and any money returned.

Yours sincerely

Mrs A Jones
Honorary Secretary

Your thoughts please would be wellcome ,I shall ponder and post later

Wow! That is harsh. I can't believe that they are so openly one-sided about everything. They are screaming for the need for another club to replace them in the "real world" where people care about the health of dogs in addition to their looks.

Brian, this has to come like a slap across the face. I'm sure there is a method to follow in requesting disclosure of stated reasons and that should be the route to start your inquiry. At some point the CKCS Club will have to answer publicly if they turn down many good citizens requesting to join for the betterment of the breed and certainly the KC will be interested in this latest aberration by a Club set up to be a stalwart supporter of the breed. Follow logic for your answers.

Brian, this has to come like a slap across the face. I'm sure there is a method to follow in requesting disclosure of stated reasons and that should be the route to start your inquiry. At some point the CKCS Club will have to answer publicly if they turn down many good citizens requesting to join for the betterment of the breed and certainly the KC will be interested in this latest aberration by a Club set up to be a stalwart supporter of the breed. Follow logic for your answers.

I don't know how it works in the UK, but here in the states, the breed club doesn't have to tell you anything. No appeal, no reasons given fwiw

Hi

I thought i might have been given some reasons why I was refused this ending leaves so many unanswered questions could it be

1) I have posted here and on Dog World showing obvious support for Karlin and Margaret C

2)They have decided to be totally undemocratic and formed a closed shop against people who would not pat them on the back and tell them what a wonderful job they are doing for our beloved breed

3) Is it because I was proposed by Margaret C and are they victimizing her through me

4) They are just not nice people and only like sucking up to each other on their breeder forum it goes from Bet to Rod to Norma to Rod to Bet to Norma and so on and on but they are amongst NICE people unlike us lot.

Shall i contact the K C and J Harrison of the TV programme and advise what a closed shop they are putting up and again trying to downgrade and sometimeshe ignor the growing SM problem ,with comments like if we stop mentioning it Jo Public he has a short memory and we can therefore when its all gone quiet and that programme has dimmed carry on showing and inbreeding just like the good old days cos really SM doesn't exist does it ,What a load of Cobblers

Hi

I thought i might have been given some reasons why I was refused this ending leaves so many unanswered questions could it be

1) I have posted here and on Dog World showing obvious support for Karlin and Margaret C

2)They have decided to be totally undemocratic and formed a closed shop against people who would not pat them on the back and tell them what a wonderful job they are doing for our beloved breed

3) Is it because I was proposed by Margaret C and are they victimizing her through me

4) They are just not nice people and only like sucking up to each other on their breeder forum it goes from Bet to Rod to Norma to Rod to Bet to Norma and so on and on but they are amongst NICE people unlike us lot.

Shall i contact the K C and J Harrison of the TV programme and advise what a closed shop they are putting up and again trying to downgrade and sometimeshe ignor the growing SM problem ,with comments like if we stop mentioning it Jo Public he has a short memory and we can therefore when its all gone quiet and that programme has dimmed carry on showing and inbreeding just like the good old days cos really SM doesn't exist does it ,What a load of Cobblers

Brian
Sorry to say this but I think the reason will be 1,2,3 and 4.
I thought there were other people joining from this forum. It would be interesting to see if they also get refused.

Sabby

Remember what Groucho Marx had to say about joining clubs: "I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member!"

Sometimes you can accomplish more by not being in the club. At least they can't try to kick you out of it.

Remember what Groucho Marx had to say about joining clubs: "I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me as a member!"

Sometimes you can accomplish more by not being in the club. At least they can't try to kick you out of it.

Well said! cl*p

Why don't you wait and see if other applicants are turned down for membership? If there are a number of people, I think it would be newsworthy. (y) In light of what has happened lately, I think a newspaper would pick up the story. Hang in there!

Hi
Well after a think and now I have nothing to lose and I also disagree with Rod ,I believe change will only come from members within subject to a lot off pressure from outside ,

I have contacted Jemima Harrison of Passionate Productions and she is amazed at the refusal and suggested other things for me to pursue.

I have also emailed Beverly Cuddy of Dogs Today magazine and advised her of the full story and the outcome and I am going to ask on that breeders owned and run forum Cavalier Chat why was I refused what have I done wrong ,I am not a breeder and therefore have no skeletons to rattle in my cupboard (this of course does not include all you excellent good ethical breeders so pls do not take offense ) .

I shall also write to one of our greatest pioneering man of the people MP my own MR Frank Field and last but not least I shall advise the K Club of the developments of the CKCS Club.Anybody think of any one I have missed.

Watch this space;):rolleyes:

:mad:Hi

Not happy Dawn just phoned and said a letter has arrived from above turning us down as 3 committee members voted against us . Will post full details later:mad:[/quote

What a sham this club has turned out to be, I would say the reasons you gave why you thought your membership had been refused are bang on correct.
I know what I would do and that would be to notify everyone, the KC, The Independant (very supportive of canine health) Passionate Productions and THE DOG WORLD NEWSPAPER.
I am sorry this has happened to you Brian, I am ashamed at being a member of this club but also feel if I resigned from membership than I and my husband would lose the right to vote next year.

Back