• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Ginger's sore leg

Thelly

Had to take Ginger to the vets today. As she tried to jump on the couch last night she yelped in pain and held her back leg for ages...me trying to remain as calm as you like...not easy.

So again today as she got off her beanbag to greet me, same thing. I thought she must have a problem with her joint popping or something. I bring her to the vet, in she RUNS :dogwlk: and if you knew Ginger you would understand that this is strange...she goes no where fast. Toddles in, they check her over and guess what...NOTHING. No pain when she stretched her leg or moved it in any way. She's on pain meds now for a few days to see what happens but she must feel something as she lives on the chairs in our kitchen and is staying on the floor since yesterday.

Oh poor Ginger! Sounds like she pulled something, or maybe is a bit stiff with arthritis?

Yeah I think you are right about arthritis. I have some stuff to read up on this evening but so far she seems to be ticking the boxes for this...

I hope she feels better soon. :flwr:

Arthritis supplements for dogs containing greenlipped mussels are very effective.

Thelly molly did the same thing on me last night and i was so worried she seemed fine when going to bed last night and this morning she seemed to be uncomfortable so i have my mother checking her and i will bring to the vets if she needs to go!!!

Almost same thing happened to us last week. Evening: Nothing wrong, jumping and playing. Morning: Can't support her front leg. Take her to vet in cage - out she goes and nothing wrong. But she had a sore toe on the front leg, the vet feared it was broken. Two expensive x-rays later: just a sprained toe and painkillers for a few days. Orders to take it easy - the only one not understanding this is Molly, who then ran around playing as nothing had happened :rolleyes:
Now she is fine again - but of course you are worried when it happens.
Hope Ginger is much better today.

She's ok today. Ok getting out the door but finding it hard to get back up the steps. We'll see what the vet says again on Friday. Have to lift her up on the couch for evening snuggles....

Hope both Molly's are doing ok today also!!

Ginger back from Vets

Just picked up Ginger from the vets this evening and Karlin you were right....Arthritis. Both hips and a bony growth to boot. I'm like a walking medicine leaving the vets with tabs, creams and Arthri Aid of course! She's nice a sleepy after her xrays today so hopefully after the course of Cartrophen she should be more comfortable.

She is such a good patient! I'm so thankful that we were a failed foster for Ginger (our 1st foster too..we really failed miserably :razz:!) When you are going thru issues with them you wonder what you'd do without them! :luv:

Back