Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Charlie's heart

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

So sorry to hear about poor Charlie - I know this is a problem in the breed but it is fairly rare, so it is very unfortunate to be dealing with this, especially with such a young chap - although I guess it's better to know now and something can be done about it.

I'm not sure where Charlie came from, but it is worth telling hte breeder - sadly some of them don't want to know, but a responsible breeder WILL want to know, as it affects their breeding program. At the very least, they should not repeat that mating.

Do check with both your vet and the insurance company - is he insured through the Kennel Club?
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

oh, so sorry about Charlie! I hope he has a successful surgery and a smooth recovery. I will be thinking of you. Keep us posted.

Post Thanks / Like

Did your breeder not have this little fellows heart checked before letting you have him? If you completed your transfer of ownership with K.C. you should have also had insurance from them.
    I agree with Nicky you should definately let the breeder know.
    Lesley

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Best of luck with the surgey for poor Charlie, hope evrything goes okay for you
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear you and Charlie are going through this...Thinking of you both and wishing Charlie well.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Unfortunately Charlie was from what I now know to be a puppy farm. Vets 4 Pets are the ones who apparantly heard nothing (which another vet graded between 3 and 6).

The owner of the farm just doesn't care. Waiting to see if the insurance will cover it before I take it through trading standards and report him to Derwentside council.