Thread: MRIs and microchips

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default MRIs and microchips

On another thread someone was talking about microchipping their dogs and I remembered that when Riley and Oz had their MRI scans for SM, their neurologist suggested that I bring them to the vet to make sure their microchips were still functioning. Apparently it's possible, although I don't think it happens too often, for the MRI to disable the microchip. Both my dogs chips were fine, but I just thought I'd let others know.
    Bev
    Oliver (blenheim, born 3/2001), Riley (black & tan, born 8/2002,), Madison (ruby, born 9/2003), and Oz (tri-color, born 7/2007)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Love my Cavaliers View Post
    On another thread someone was talking about microchipping their dogs and I remembered that when Riley and Oz had their MRI scans for SM, their neurologist suggested that I bring them to the vet to make sure their microchips were still functioning. Apparently it's possible, although I don't think it happens too often, for the MRI to disable the microchip. Both my dogs chips were fine, but I just thought I'd let others know.
    I had 5 MRI's done and all that were chipped still functioned after the scan. Even the boy I had an extensive MRI done on still had a chip that worked.

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, I'll ask next time I go.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'