• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

MRIs and microchips

Love my Cavaliers

On another thread someone was talking about microchipping their dogs and I remembered that when Riley and Oz had their MRI scans for SM, their neurologist suggested that I bring them to the vet to make sure their microchips were still functioning. Apparently it's possible, although I don't think it happens too often, for the MRI to disable the microchip. Both my dogs chips were fine, but I just thought I'd let others know.

On another thread someone was talking about microchipping their dogs and I remembered that when Riley and Oz had their MRI scans for SM, their neurologist suggested that I bring them to the vet to make sure their microchips were still functioning. Apparently it's possible, although I don't think it happens too often, for the MRI to disable the microchip. Both my dogs chips were fine, but I just thought I'd let others know.

I had 5 MRI's done and all that were chipped still functioned after the scan. Even the boy I had an extensive MRI done on still had a chip that worked.

Back