• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The Truth Behind Puppy on BBC1

if you have got Sky it is on I think 900 not sure
the bottom line is the program I think
--Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

cant get it in wales either, but checked iplayer after pauline's suuggestion and it says 'coming soon' (which usually translates as a few hours!)

look at the 2 line there is a bit of the progamme on there
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Pauline, if you download it and it has subtitles (the 's' button on your player) shows up, can you let me know? I'm sick of wasting bandwidth usage to download stuff only to find there's no subtitles. Complaining to BBC/iplayer is a waste of typing. They bluff. Grr.

It should be label as 'inside out southern' as that the area it covers. It seems like his bloke has been on the program before and still gets away with it. :mad:

, can you let me know? I'm sick of wasting bandwidth usage to download stuff only to find there's no subtitles. Complaining to BBC/iplayer is a waste of typing. They bluff. Grr
Have you complained to points of view and see hear?

Edit to add

on dogpages they have the link to the program. its the full program so I don't know the time to tell you to watch from.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b00fm62w/Inside_Out_London_19112008/

Last edited:
For those of you who missed it a young reporter saw adverts for numerous breeds all connecting to one phone No. He roped in a young qualified vet, and posing as brothers they arranged a visit to the breeders premises saying they wanted a pup as a present for their father.

The place was run down, filthy and overrun with rats. The breeder would not allow them into the pen to see the mum and pups, but whilst they looked in from the outside he asked them to choose one.

Breeder enters the pen and mother backs away warily, pacing up and down from a safe distance!! Breeder picks up pup and shows them it through the open window. They have to ask to get a better look at it and he reluctantly hands it out.

They decide to have a look at the other one and he says "No, you cant do that, you'll have to take that one now 'cos I cant put it back" Reporter asks why not? "Because now you've handled it the mother will attack it if I put it back, you'll have to take it now otherwise she'll attack it." "There's nothing else I can do".

They hand the pup back and say perhaps they ought to leave it to their father to decide. The breeder goes nuts!! Begins threatening them etc etc.

Reporter states "We would not buy a dog from there, reluctantly we had to leave them behind, as all he was interested was money, and buying a pup from him would only add to his profits and cause more suffering for generations of dogs to come".

The clip was later shown to Dr Roger Mugford.

Personally I dont know how people like him (apologies for the Human race) get away with it.

For those of you who missed it a young reporter saw adverts for numerous breeds all connecting to one phone No. He roped in a young qualified vet, and posing as brothers they arranged a visit to the breeders premises saying they wanted a pup as a present for their father.

The place was run down, filthy and overrun with rats. The breeder would not allow them into the pen to see the mum and pups, but whilst they looked in from the outside he asked them to choose one.

Breeder enters the pen and mother backs away warily, pacing up and down from a safe distance!! Breeder picks up pup and shows them it through the open window. They have to ask to get a better look at it and he reluctantly hands it out.

They decide to have a look at the other one and he says "No, you cant do that, you'll have to take that one now 'cos I cant put it back" Reporter asks why not? "Because now you've handled it the mother will attack it if I put it back, you'll have to take it now otherwise she'll attack it." "There's nothing else I can do".

They hand the pup back and say perhaps they ought to leave it to their father to decide. The breeder goes nuts!! Begins threatening them etc etc.

Reporter states "We would not buy a dog from there, reluctantly we had to leave them behind, as all he was interested was money, and buying a pup from him would only add to his profits and cause more suffering for generations of dogs to come".

The clip was later shown to Dr Roger Mugford.

Personally I dont know how people like him (apologies for the Human race) get away with it.

Didn’t they mention that this breeder has been struck of or lost his licence about four years ago? He also said that he was not the breeder just a helping hand, but it was obvious that he was the breeder. They showed people who bought puppies from there and they died shortly after. Even if people have not heard about puppy farms, twenty-four years ago when I bought my first puppy (rescue) if I would have walked into a filthy horrible place like that I would have walked straight out again. I just can’t believe people buy from places like that.

Thank you Sabby. Yes they did say that, but as I wasnt 100% sure I remembered it correctly I didnt write it in. (couldnt remember where it was!!)

Cant help wondering whats happening to all those poor dogs and their babies today. Its so sad to think of them all stuck there,cold, frightened, and alone all day in the half gloom. But as the programe said, buying even one pup will boost the b-----d's profits, and thereby enable him to keep on going. :eek:

I can't understand how people can buy a puppy having seen the conditions in which they were being kept.There's also a very good article on puppy trafficking in december's issue of Dogstoday but some of the pics are a bit distressing.
Sins

Back