• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

toilet training my pup! help needed

zipped

Hello everyone! this is my second time posting here so forgive me if this isnt where i should have posted this thread.

I will be getting my pup next week, and i have just one question.
Where should i toilet train my pup if she still hasnt got the shots she needs and cant go outside?

I'm very sorry if this is a silly question but i have no idea what to do!!

Do you have a backyard? Then I suggest you make her go there.. That's how we do it.. Don't take her to public dog toilets or anything, but just your yard should be fine! And if you don't have that, take her out, but don't let her go near other dogs..

It should be fine :)
And good luck!

Just be sure you go out with her every time she goes out - probably every 2 hours at first. If you are with her then you know for sure if she has done her toileting. Good luck!

We are picking up our Max (our new pup) tomorrow. I'm freezing my butt off here. I'm thinking that winter may NOT be the best time for a new puppy. Oh well - hopefully the cold weather will convince him to do his business quickly. Mindy doesn't usualy mind the cold but today it was so cold she didn't run through the snow to her favourite spot to do her business she just dumped on the sidewalk (can't blame her because who really wants to poop when you are up to your armpits in snow?).

Our breeder suggested that we get small weatherproof enclosure for pup to do her business( even though we have a fenced in yard). It has been a great help. She knows now it is for doing her business and then if we want, she can play in yard.

Heather R

Hi,it takes a little time to train your puppy but just be persistant and be consistant,reward her with a little treat every time she goes toilet outside,she will get used to the idea of "If I go wee or poo out here I will get something nice" as in food.What I did with Alex when he was a pup was, when I would take him out roughly every hour or so while he was very young,say the word wee-wee and take her outside.do this everytime you feel she needs a break.she will get used to the word wee-wee being associated with going outside for a break,she will do her buisness and be rewarded for it,but allow for mishaps,they are still little babies but they will learn.Good luck,post some photos soon :flwr:

Back