• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Groomers -Disaster

Hi Daisys Mum
The explanation went a show cut first and foremost and any straggly bits taken off then their slippers ears and feathers tidied up and shaped ,I made sure i didnt just say off that was only used in the context of stragglyor sticky out bits off .If I get time i will put a portrait lense in my nikon d80 and show you some pics ,is my Daisy over still fine.

My groomer collects and drops dogs for grooming from outside our school(very convenient). When I went over to her to get Dizz's crate she passed out another cavalier for me to hold while she got Dizz out of the car. It was an elderly bitch, shaved like Murphy's mum's dog - a no 1 all over.Poor thing was shivering with the cold and I wrapped her in my coat.
She must have seen my face and she leaned over and whispered " some people actually want them done like this"...:eek:
The doting owner smothered her cavalier in kisses but really shaving her at this time of year???? Woah!

Hi Sins

I think the girls was a no 3 and that was bad enough ,how long does it take for their coat to grow back and get to look like a Cavaliers coat should do again.

I was thinking about taking Maddie to the Groomers when we first got Pippin and he chewed a lot of fur off her ears. (Think "some eejit's cut my niece's hair" advert if you're based in UK! :eek:) The trouble was, the only personal recommendations I could get were from people who owned Cocker Spaniels, and I was too worried to take her in case she was cut like a cocker is - short on top but with the skirt left on, slippers off etc. etc.
Luckily her ears finally grew back ok. (y)
The more I hear about other peoples bad experiences with trying to get the groomers to do what I want, the happier I am I let well alone.

Sorry to hear what happened Brian!

I used to have a jack Russell years ago and I got him groomed and she totally did the opposite to what I asked for, he was shaved right back!

I have never let anyone groom my three boys. I gave them all a bath last week and trimmed the pads slippers and nails, it took three hours to get them all done but it cost me nothing and at least I was in control..I wouldn't trust anyone else.

I am sure their coats will grow back ok, as you said you can't stick it back on, don't worry to much just put it down to experience.

Back