• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Where do you get Gabapentin?

Margaret C

The cheapest source for gabapentin I could find in the UK seems to be the Chemist Direct website. Their price is 21p per tablet.

The only problem is that twice they have said they have not received my prescription, & I suspect that their system has problems when they get a veterinary prescription for what is a human drug.

I am thinking of changing to a different supplier, but wondered what other sources charge & whether they are more efficient?

Margaret C

I'd be interested in ideas too. In Ireland we don't even have generic available and the cost is quite high.

Theoretically it is possible to order from a reliable US or Canadian pharmacy too but don't know if they'd take vet prescriptions. There are good online pharmacies but buyers need to be very careful and thoroughly check them out as legit.

I wrote a story on this for the Irish Times a while back and contrary to widespread belief it isn't actually illegal to order in legal drugs from outside Ireland.

We get a very good price at our supermarket pharmacy here in the US. Would you like me to inquire into the possibility of shipping prescriptions to UK and Ireland?

I think our low prices are a result of US retirees buying their prescriptions from Canada!

For the heck of it I emailed a Canada Pharmacy where I regularly obtain my allergy med (at 1/3 of cost here in US) and this is their email reply.
Hello,

I do want to inform you that for an overseas order we do charge $25.00 for shipping and handling,
We do not commit to any shipping time frames or guarantee the arrival of the medication. You must “purchase at own risk”.

Thank you for your consideration and I do apologize for any inconvenience.
If you have an address located in the US that we can ship to they can forward the package to you and regular shipping rules would apply.

Please let me now if there are any questions or concerns.

I looked at Australia and thot site this looked interesting and reasonable price. Shipping cost? Might be worth emailing.
http://www.epharmacy.com.au/product.asp?id=53922&pname=Neurontin+100mg+Capsules+100

Last edited:
Mine cost 25p each with no shipping as the vet ordered them in.

As I said at the start of this thread I bought my Gabapentin at ChemistDirect.
Unfortunately they do not seem able to cope with dispensing a drug that is licensed for humans when the prescription is made out for a dog.

Three times they mislaid the veterinary prescription, and sent me reminders, despite me putting in a letter the two last occasions pointing out the previous problems.
The Customer Services Manager was apologetic but it still happened again.

Getting an email that said they had not received my prescription the day before Christmas, finding there was only an answerphone on, & urgent emails were not replied to was just too stressful.
Tommy needs those pills.

I decided I would have to get them through my Vet. Guess what....They charged £21.66, only 66p more than ChemistDirect, & no fee to pay for a private prescription.
I'm just hoping they don't find they have made a mistake. :)

Margaret C

Back