• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Why is he whining?

sugarkane74

This is our other dog, Vinnie. For the past 3 nights he has been constantly whining. Both myself and my hubby have been down to check if he needs the loo to let him out but that's not the case.

I've got up tonight because I just can't sleep through it like my other half can. I've no idea what's wrong with him. I think he's just playing up coz when I did go downstairs he went straight to the front door expecting to be let in there and he shut up then.

Has anyone had this kind of problem before. He used to do it when we first got him but it only lasted a few nights then he stopped doing it but for some reason has started again.

I'm also concerned for Star because it must be stressing her out hearing him and she doesn't need it given her condition.
Any tips would be appreciated. I need sleep. :(

Have you taken him to the vet? Any time a dog starts a totally unusual behaviour that is out of character a vet is advised. He may be in pain.

I wouldn't have thought so... he's fine during the day, eating fine, playing with us and Star, he just seems to be attention seeking for some reason.

If he's like it tomorrow night though I'll tell my husband to get it checked out.

Jake periodically goes through periods like this....like the last few nights. Once I've ascertained that there is nothing physical wrong with him (he was just at the vet's last week for his allergies) I find that if I ignore him he will settle down. The first night I get up and take him out (making sure he doesn't have an upset tummy), he's right as rain all day long and then starts the whining again the next night. Usually after a couple of nights of calling out "quiet Jake" he gets over it. But definitely rule out anything physical first.

id say the reason for this is that he feels all alone my dog has done this before howling even ...as soon as we let him in our room he is fine i find cavs can be very close with there owners ..

Back