• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Help -for my xmas i would dearly love a 4 th one

Brian M

Hi
Dawn thinks we already have to many animals ,Luke does too, we have three cavs and two rescue cats but I would dearly love another I can afford it I neither drink ,smoke ,take drugs ,chase wild women ( mainly as now I wouldn't catch them)or gamble and tend to be a boring old fxxx but I do put my girls on a pedestal their wish is my command when I am home they follow me everywhere and Dawn is a fulltime homemaker so she is their when I am at work and my job seems secure ,thinking about all those things I don't do I must confess in my younger I think I did them all.So any ideas how I can persuade the last time it was just stright cash bribery

Tell her "Just One More", and then it will complete the set. I assume you would get a black/tan, right? Maybe ask her what she'd like in return.....icon_whistling Good Luck!!!

I'd say if you can't bring her around to your way of thinking, you will lose. She might not feel too overly loving towards another if she didn't really want it, and that wouldn't be good. So, I'd go for persuading her...especially since she will have "primary care" being the person home all the time. I know I wasn't very happy when my ex crammed another dog down my throat when I wasn't ready and already quite busy. I never did really bond with the dog well or feel like she was mine. I think if he'd approached me differently or been more patient, it would have made all the difference.

On another note, you don't want to get "Angelina Jolie" complex with "babies". Do ask yourself why you want another one, and why you feel the time is now. I'm not saying you are wrong, just really make sure you've thought about it from all angles.

Hello and Good Morning

In the realistic light of day I know I would like one more but I cant see my good lady agreeing ,I think the craving has been brought on by reading about all those other lucky people posting on the forum about all their new pups that are coming on the scene ,I suppose it does no harm to dream it could be Cavalier Puppies or even Angelina Jolie.:rolleyes:

Hello and Good Morning

In the realistic light of day I know I would like one more but I cant see my good lady agreeing ,I think the craving has been brought on by reading about all those other lucky people posting on the forum about all their new pups that are coming on the scene ,I suppose it does no harm to dream it could be Cavalier Puppies or even Angelina Jolie.:rolleyes:

I think we need to start a support group ,lol
I dreamt last night my ruby had two puppies a blen & a tri , great apart from my ruby being a boy !

I've wanted a pup for 12 years !
Perhaps this year my family will finally break & there will be a pup waiting for me on xmas morning ,lol
I've even told them they can take the money for it out of my own bank

We'll I'd certainly join. lol. I've been getting broody since last March. I'll hopefully have one ready for me in April next year. If that fails I'll be desperate by then, and will probably be reduced to hunting down board members and mugging them for their puppies. :eek: - Warning - the longings getting really bad now, dont put anything past me.lol.

I know how you guys feel. Ever since we got our Mindy I wanted a Cav puppy (she was 8 months old when we got her and a perfect lady). At the time we already had a Golden Retriever and there was really no question that two dogs were enough for our family.

When Zeus, our retriever died in September I was struck by the fact that despite good health Mindy is nearly 11 and will not be with us forever. She missed Zeus as much as we did so it made my decision to get a pup right away fairly easy. I also wanted to bring in a new dog while she is still pretty perky.

My mum asked for a xmas lift from myself & Mark & I put on the top of my list a male tri cav pup - then I wrote a list for the dogs & wrote a male tri brother

Really dont think it will work - for one thing you cant really post a puppy!!!

I'm certainly puppy hunting in 2009.I failed to get the right one in 2008, but to be fair I didn't try very hard and the timing was wrong to introduce a newbie anyway.
I think it's reasonable to have four cavaliers if you have enough space and they're regularly exercised and they're well behaved.Seeing as your good lady is a domestic goddess then they'd never feel neglected:p.
It's a bit like planning a family:rolleyes:, you need the right age gap, be able to afford all the extra bills(dog insurance:eek:) and be in the right frame of mind to commit to 12 years of mayhem and madness.
Sins

I'd love another Cav but I would prefer an older one to a puppy so I am happy enough to wait for now. If the right one for us is out there it wont pass us by :luv:

One thing is for sure I'd have a new Cav quicker than i'd have a new baby ...lol

In the realistic light of day I know I would like one more but I cant see my good lady agreeing ,I think the craving has been brought on by reading about all those other lucky people posting on the forum about all their new pups that are coming on the scene ,I suppose it does no harm to dream

You sound exactly like me, Brian! My husband does not think we should get a second Cavalier, but would love to have one. The thought of having a puppy is just too wonderful to contemplate. But I don't think I have any chance of getting him to agree, so I try not to think about it too much. I try to just enjoy Daisy as much as I can every day.

:xfngr: Good luck to you -- any doggy would be lucky to have you for a papa! I wish my husband was as enthusiastic about dog ownership as you are! Then I know I would have 2 dogs.

I'd like to join in with the longing for another cav, I would really love another one too. My real problem is that my mother-in-law looks after Toby when I work a full day on Thursdays and if would be unfair to expect her to mind 2, she has a Shih Tzu herself and also minds children during the week. I also go home to my parents in Dublin every second week and Toby always comes with me but again would it be unfair to bring 2.

I agree with Shivers "If the right one for us is out there it wont pass us by" so maybe some day......

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you Brian, l hope you get your 4th :xfngr: this would be my Ideal xmas gift too

Back