• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Just home from the Vets

frecklesmom

A new member to our group, Dazzle, all of a sudden came up with squinting eyes and the third eyelid partially up on one eye. Poor little girl. I used some eyedrops to no avail-refresh tears-and called our Vet and met him at the Office. Nothing evident except red conjunctiva and a miserable little dog. She ended up with a steroid inj., Benedryl orally and Gantrisin eye drops. Feel so sorry for her-she must have gotten into something in the backyard. At 7 pm she was fine and at 8:15pm she was miserable. Yesterday I raked some late leaves, it was hard to see the poo to pick up, and I must have uncovered some vegetation at the fenceline that got her. I'm hoping for snow tonight :xfngr:.So hard to see them hurting.

aw, poor thing. Bandit has had that twice, and it was a scratch to his eye. Always better by the next day, and the antibiotic eye cream type meds seems to make it feel better more than drops.

I hope all is better by morning

Truman had an issue with his third eyelid twice (he also had that squinty look), and I gave him something called Ledum (30c), a homeopathic remedy, and it cleared up within minutes. It might be something to las your vet about if it doesn't clear up soon. Good luck! :flwr:

Oh poor Dazzle - sore eyes are horrid. Hope they are better today.

You did the right thing getting vet treatment straight away, it can be dangerous to leave eye problems as they can quickly deteriorate and cause permanent damge :(

Dazzle's eyes are back to beautiful this morning and hopefully she stays out of whatever it was that caused it. Have followup meds and it's trying to snow so maybe we're in good shape.How typical tho'-Sat. late evening Vet visit :xctly:.

Back