• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

dry eye

ilsamom

Hi, I just found out my Ilsa has Dry Eye, she had a semichronic redness but no scabbing or crazy discharge or anything.
I was given a gel and drops to give her.

I was just wondering, since I read too much, will this halt the progression of the problem? I read that she could go blind and am concerned.
Thank You
Jennifer

So sorry she has dry eye. :flwr:

I haven't had a cavalier with dry eye yet, but other members do.

The only thing I do know is that it is a chronic condition that requires at least daily treatment such as eye drops. I'm assuming the vet told you how often to return for checkups as well as what symptoms to watch for so you can get her back in to the vet quickly for any problems. If not, I would call the vet to get this information.

Mindy has one dry eye and she gets optimune twice daily. I don't think the vet said this will ever effect her vision. She's 10 1/2 and both of her eyes are starting to get cataracts so I think that is more of a concern vision wise. She's had no problems since going on the optimune about six months ago.

Back