Thread: Putting on Muttluks

Post Thanks / Like

Default Putting on Muttluks

The snow and ice arrived this past weekend, and we were prepared with a pair of Muttluks - but I couldn't get them on!

It had to be a two person job with one of us holding open the elastic/fabric with both hands, and the other person steering Ragnar's paw into it. Surely there must be some secret to getting these on with one person. How do you do it??

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like

The way I do it is I flip the top part (the elastic sock-like part) down over the shoe, then I put it on the foot, and then I pull it up I also put them on when the dogs are laying on their backs on my lap :P I got them used to that when they were young so they are fine with it.
    Sara, mommy to Kosmo ~ 4 year blenheim boy and Faith 3 year b/t girl *rescue*

Post Thanks / Like

The way I do it is I flip the top part (the elastic sock-like part) down over the shoe, then I put it on the foot, and then I pull it up
    That's what I do too
    Carrie - Mom to my boys, Miles (a Ruby born 4/15/07) and Truman (a B&T born 11/28/07) and my girls, cats Hailey and Kayla (born @ 4/15/04 - they were found as strays )

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

OMG!!! Thanks for that info!

I have 3 pairs of muttluks and I couldn't get them on their feet, so I had to dip their paws in warm water to get the snow and ice balls off - multiple times per day and 12 little paws!!!!! That's at least 60 paw dips per day!

I have got to try it!
    Cathy Moon
    India(tri-F) Geordie(blen-M)Chocolate(b&t-F)Charlie(at the bridge)

Post Thanks / Like

Great tips - Thank you!

Last night Ragnar was really traumatized by putting them on, he was shuddering uncontrollably during the whole process while he was on my lap. I felt bad for him, but it was kind of funny in a way because we knew it wasn't actually hurting him at all. This morning he didn't fuss at all while I put them on. He just went "dogatonic" as we call it and let me maneuver them onto his paws.

He was really funny walking around with them on for the first time. He got used to them real quick though and I dare say, even was better behaved on our walks, though he had a few wipe outs on the ice!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy Moon View Post
    OMG!!! Thanks for that info!

I have 3 pairs of muttluks and I couldn't get them on their feet, so I had to dip their paws in warm water to get the snow and ice balls off - multiple times per day and 12 little paws!!!!! That's at least 60 paw dips per day!

I have got to try it!
    Did you get xxsmalls? I am wondering if they are hard to get on because they are too narrow, but I ordered them online so I was not able to look at the other sizes...