• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A terrible mistake, Dylan at vets.

Oh my goodness...thankfully Dylan is fine!
I have also done the same thing with my own epilepsy tablets with my dog.At the time Lucie was on meds and i had put her pills out into a pill box which was near enough the same colour as mine.I had a terrible migraine at the time and so i was fumbling about trying to make sure the dog got her meds.....then i went to lie down and realised i hadn't taken my own epilepsy meds so off i went to the pill box and wondered why my med wasnt there....so checked Lucies and then realised what i had done.
Talk about PANIC, I have never run to the vet so quickly in all my life! :O....thankfully my vet is around the corner.
Lucie was fine after it!They managed to get her to be sick and up it came in a wee bit of cheese. I was a nervous wreck the next few days. Needless to say the pill boxes have been replaced with ones that are very different colours and mine is now kept upstairs and not in the regular med cupboard!

OMG Pauline, that must have given you all a fright.

I hope you are all ok this morning xxxxx:flwr:

Pauline
You and Dylan have certainly been going through it lately.:hug: Glad to hear he's recovered OK. They certainly like putting us through the mill. We were on holiday once and Cinders ate father in laws heart, blood pressure and diabetic tablets:eek:. Luckily mother in law got her to the local vets that was just down the road and still open, she was given a concoction to make her vomit and taken to the vet hospital for overnight observation. She was fine, mother in law was a wreck and so were we when we got back from holiday and were told.:eek:

Hi Pauline

Are you two OK now ,both of you are certainly going through the mill ,Daisy and I often swop tablets she has my Fish Oil supplement and I have her Dorwest Conditioner and Evening Primrose capsules.Take care you two,:)

Thanks for asking Brian. Dylan has slept more than usual. I feel he's ok but maybe tired from being sick yesterday. I've got a rotten cold but when I'm poorly, my M.E. improves so I have a little less aching. Weird I know.

I'm just catching up; I'm so glad you caught that error and got him into the vet so quickly Pauline!

Geordie gets various doses of his pills 6 times per day, and Colin and I have caught ourselves twice giving him the wrong pill at 6:00pm. :eek:

Poor Dylan, poor you !

Oh my goodness..... what a worry - glad he seems ok though. I hope you feel better soon. Nothing better than a snooze with your cav. next to you cuddled up cosy and warm. I bathed Ruby earlier and gave her a very pretty blow dry! As I write this she is trying to figure a way of getting into my son's bedroom as he has her favourite toy out on the floor - plastic soldiers! Gave Ruby her first banana earlier and she loved it ( just half a small one) thought the pottasium in it would be good for her as she is on diuretics now.
Love Dawn x :rah:

Just reading this now - Sorry you went through this Pauline :( :( I am glad Dylan is alright though :lotsaluv: Sometimes things just happen in this game called life - but I'm glad everything turned out fine!! :flwr:

Dylan is fine thanks, that pill didn't seem to do him any harm, he did bring most of it, if not all of it, up and the vet called the poisons unit and they said he would have been ok anyway. I guess my daughter is on a lower dose than Dylan. His SM is bothering him slightly lately.

Back