• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hello from Ontario, Canada

I am Oliver's Mummy (Deborah) and entirely inept when it comes to the computer so please bear with me. My Cavalier, Oliver was recently diagnosed, by MRI with SM & CM and I have been searching for a place to find/share information. I look forward to reading the posts already submitted, and will probably have a few questions, at first, regarding how to best participate on this site.

Oliver has another appointment with his neurologist this coming Monday and I am so delighted to have found a site devoted entirely to Cavaliers.

I may ask seemingly ridiculous questions from time to time and I, in advance, appreciate your tolerance. :)

Deborah cavtiny

Hi Deborah

And very welcome to you and Oliver ,I am sure you will find a wealth of information here about that dreadful SM affliction , but I am sure you will find lots of help and assistance from many of our members who have experience and great knowledge of this horrible problem that affects so many of our beautiful boys and girls.

With Kindest Thoughts and Best Wishes
to You and Oliver

icon_welcome Deborah, Glad that you found this forum. You will find a lot of helpful information here.

Hi Deborah!
Welcome to forum!Hope you can find some helpful information about SM, and help your boy as much as possible.Don't be shy,if there's already an answer to your question, somebody will tell you.;)

Thanks everyone so much. I am still figuring out how this forum works (different from other ones I've used) but appreciate all your kind words and support. Rest assured, I will become a part of the "conversation" once I better adjust to the format.

Tomorrow is a big day and considering our unusually snowy weather so far this season, my biggest concern seems to be the road conditions. We have to travel about 100 kms.

Thank you again for the kind welcomes. :xfngr:

Welcome from one Oliver to another! Hope you got on OK with the neurologist today and he (she) was able to suggest the right treatment.

I envy you your snow! Oliver and I both love the white stuff and don't get nearly enough of it in the English Midlands...

Kate and Oliver

Hello! I'm from Ottawa! Where in Ontario are you? I'm sorry to hear of your cavy's medical problems. It seems that most owners live in fear. Anyway, you've come to the right place for info as I'm already sure you've come to understand!

Thanks everyone! Petcrazyme...I live in London, but enjoyed some of my younger years in Ottawa. We had a good visit with the neurologist on Monday and have changed Oliver's meds. As you all know the cold is his enemy, although he loves the snow. He seems to be in the "mild" range with his CM and as far as I can tell, he is not experiencing a lot of pain from the SM, but is experiencing a lot of discomfort. He chewed off all of his hind feathers when the first cold snap hit.

I don't wish to be bothersome but I am having trouble setting myself up on this site. I wish to post a picture of Oliver (as an avatar) and also wish to set up the site so I can see all the posts, from most recent to beginning, when reasonable. Admittedly I don't usually have time to indulge myself on my computer until later in the evening, when I'm tired, but any advice on where to go for help, or help, would be appreciated.

I've noticed we all have one thing in common, a great love of dogs, particularly Cavaliers and I wish to participate wholly in this community. Oliver's neurologist was aware of this site and recommended it as a good source of information. She is with the OVC in Guelph, Ontario and is published so I trust her judgment.

Thank you everyone for being so kind. This is all so new.

Deborah :flwr:

Apparently with a little more thought, I was able to answer some of my own questions, ergot the picture of Oliver now. Thanks again for being tolerant of the technologically challenged one!

:rah:

Hi and nice to meet you :) I am from Ajax. :) I'm so sorry to hear your baby was diagnosed with CM/SM :( :( I am actually dealing with some pretty extensive health issues with my blenheim myself right now so if you need a shoulder, we might be able to support each other :lol::lol:

Hope to get to know you a lot better :flwr: (y)

Welcome to the forum. You´ll find heaps of info here to help you help dealing with SM...
Your Oliver is beautyful :)

Sara, nice to meet you. We aren't far apart :) I would love to hear about your Cavalier family and any information/tips you have. This is all very new to me.

Deborah :blabla:

Sorry Ice-Cavi, I didn't see your message until after I posted to Sara. I'm still getting used to the site :-| Thank you for your support. I'm so, so glad that another pointed me in the direction of this site.

If that person is on this site, I would love it if they would let me know who they are on here so I can communicate with them here rather than on the other site.

I love seeing all the Cavalier avatars! :jump:

Hmm it wasn't me who directed you, but I am glad you are here :eek::eek:

There are a few of us out this way who occasionally get together. ;) I'll help you the best I know how; ask away!! ;);)

Did the person who directed you to this site said she had a user name on here??? :)

I hope all is well!! I look forward to getting to know you better :flwr:

I'm not very far from you Deborah - I'm in St. Marys. My name is Deb too (although I spell it Debra). Too funny.

Mindy's Mom...my vets have a locum who is from St. Mary's and his wife is a Cavalier breeder. This world is becoming smaller by the minute, which I find delightful. From one Deb to another, hello (btw...I used to live right outside of Granton!)

Back