• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Quietly Introducing... Misty!

murphy's mum

Well my homecheck was a complete successb*n*n*b*n*n*b*n*n*

I am now the proud Mummy to both Murphy, and now Misty.

Misty came to me from The Spaniel Trust, via a lovely, lovely lady called Fran(aka Misty from CavTalk). Fran and her family have been looking after Misty for the last couple of months:thnku:, and what a splendid job they have done:flwr: Misty was an ex-breeding bitch, who had lost a litter of puppies 2 weeks before she was rescued:(. She was very shy, and lost, looking for her little ones, but has now blossomed into a loving little girl.

She's still a shy girl, but then we're new to her, but she is gorgeous:luv: I'll post some pics:snap: once she has settled in.:) At the moment she is lying on my right side, and Murphy is on my left. They are ignoring each other, after the initial introduction:rolleyes:

Misty is obviously quite confused by the whole thing, and will keep getting up and whining, but we'll just take things a step at a time, and keep things quiet here. Murphy is in the huff, but I'm sure it won't last too long:xfngr:

I'm so happy for you, tell us EVERYTHING!!! I love these stories. Well done you.
:jump::jump::jump::jump::jump:

YEA !!!!! What wonderful news. Can't wait to hear more about her and see pictures.... Judy and Dixie:rah:

Just back from a long walk along the river:dogwlk:. We let them both off as it is 2 enclosed fields, Murphy ran about all crazy like normal. Misty hung quite close to Stuart and I, but every now and again she'd tear off after him, it was fair nice to see:)

They are both snoozing now:slp:, Misty is really tired, she's not as fit as Murphy, and they are quite filthy:lol: She'll get plenty of walks so it wont be long until she is fit. Fran didn't think she'd had much, if any excercise before coming to her.

The only blip was when my thug, Tom(cat), smacked her on the head for sniffing him, what a yelp she let out:eek: But she's steering clear of him now

Congratulations to you - and particularly to Misty who has found such a loving home! I'm looking forward to hearing more about how things go!

Misty arrived at The Spaniel Trust after we spotted her in the 'free ads'. We e-mailed the seller with some suggestions on how to ensure she got a good home and explained a little of The Spaniel Trust's work. To our surprise, the seller got in contact and was happy to surrender Misty to the Trust's care, on the understanding we got her a good home :).

When we went to get Misty just 2 months ago, she had only had a litter 2 WEEKS beforehand - all the pups had died.

Misty arrived with hard teats and her hormones were everywhere, and she constantly searched for household items to treat as her babies :(.

A month after arriving, and once all her milk had gone, the vet was prepared to spay Misty, so that she could start to get on with her life. Once her stitches were removed, Misty has gone from strength to strength.

I know she'll be very happy in her new home and thanks so much Paula and hubby for adopting precious Misty. :)

btw, if anyone's interested, Paula has the cutest, funniest cats I've ever met. I mean how many cats come on walkies? ;)

This is great news; I was waiting to see how things would work out for you. :) Look forward to more posts and some pictures of Misty! :rah:

btw, if anyone's interested, Paula has the cutest, funniest cats I've ever met. I mean how many cats come on walkies? ;)

Is that you revealing my family secrects Fran? My cats do enjoy going for a walk with us, but we do look rather silly:rolleyes:

A couple of pictures of Misty relaxing on the sofa:)

P5280034.jpg

P5280035.jpg

What a little doll:luv:

What a happy ending. I could just feel my heart ache for her when you spoke of her looking for her babies. That is just the saddest thing to picture.

I am so glad she is in a loving home!:rah:

Congratulations :jump:
Misty is a little doll. I'm sure her and Murphy will be great friends in no time.
The poor little thing has had a tough time but at least she's in a loving home now :luv:

Sweetness!!! Your story made me smile through my tears (tears of sadness at Misty losing all of her babies and looking for them :( and then tears of joy that she's found you!!! :)) Sounds like she ended up in the absolute perfect home. Congratulations. And thanks to Spaniel Trust for rescuing this sweet girl

Congratulations on Misty!! I am glad she found such a wonderful home ;) Kosmo was put out for a few weeks when Faith came home :rolleyes: He eventually got over it - but probably because he had no choice! :lol:

SHe's adorable!! :)

Well, thats the first night over with, and except from a little accident before bed, it was an un-eventful night:D

We all went to bed, Misty claimed the spot between the pillow(we have a super king bed), and Murphy was pressed against Stuart as usual. I woke up at 12 wearing a very hot,thick scarf. But deary me does the girl snore:eek: She's worsr than Murphy and my husband.

Murphy is very wary of her, if she move un-expectedly he's off, he's huffing big style but we're making a fuss of him. She was cuddled up beside me last night on the couch, and Murphy started barking at her? We don't know why he was doing this, any ideas? Misty just looked at him, Oh and he wouldn't let her play with anything, he just barked at her until she left it?

Misty - the snoring pillow - lol :).

As predicted, Marlon took over Misty's spot on my pillow, so I didn't get a better sleep than normal ;).

Murphy's nose is going to be put out of joint for a while, I think. He'll probably just settle when he realises that she's not going anywhere. Murphy made me smile - he reminds me of Bradley when he goes to his huffy chair :).

I'm pleased Misty slept snuggled up - she trusts you and knows your mum already by the sound of it. :).

Back