• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Waist Leads

Gem

just wondered if any had used a lead that can go around your waist to keep your hands free whilst on walks.

I have been watching the dog whisperer who seems to use one, just wondered if they were any good?:)

The only time I used one was when we first got our German Shepherd. She was a 4 month old rescue and was pretty nervous. I used the waist lead so that she would follow me around the house and stay near me. I think it helped with her becoming attached to me and feeling that I was safe. I only used it around the house though. Never thought about it for walks. I guess I felt like I had more control when teaching her to heel and sit at corners if I used a regular leash and collar.

I've been wanting one of those for years, but never got around to ordering it. Would love to hear about others' experiences with it.

I've thought of getting one for when I do outdoor photography but haven't really done any research on them. I'm also interested if anyone has any experience.

I have several by ruffwear - they are adjustable and can be used as a normal leash also. I have the flatout for normal walks and the roamer for jogging or hikes (the jogging is with my irish setter, not my cav so don't panic :))

www.ruffwear.com

I use a 6 ft leash and loop it through the handle when round me....and it does the same thing as i also couldnt find a waist lead.:p

I use my regular 4' leads, but put them both on a heavy-duty clip together and then loop that through a belt. Works the same! It's so much easier when I'm fitness walking because I can swing my arms and control my ipod!

Back