• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Maggie watching TV

stacy710

Maggie loves to watch TV. If there are other animals on, she jumps at the the TV and cant seem to understand why they cant play with her. I've never seen a dog focus on TV like that. It's so funny. Does anyone else's Cavalier do that?
IMG_1492-1.jpg

What a beautiful photo of Maggie. :snap: Yes, my two watch TV from time to time as well. And when the door bell rings on a TV show, they both go running to our door thinking we have comapany. :jump:

Maggie is really beautiful!
Yes, Molly reacts to TV as well, she particularly reacts on animals, cartoons and certain politicians (unfortunately not the ones, we react on :D)

Oh she's lovely!

I have a tri-color Maggie too and she barks away if Anderson Cooper is on TV. She's gotten mad at a few movies too.

I remember just after we brought our Maggie home, we were listening to a CD with very different audio channels. She sat in front of the speakers and cocked her head to the left, to the right, to the left, to the right. She's more worldly now, but it was like watching a referee at Wimbledon. :rolleyes:

Stunnig pic og Maggie ! :luv:
Elja is not smart enough to watch tv....if theres animalsounds cocming from the tv,shell run around the house very exited and barking....:)
Kia shows a little interest in the tv but nothing like your Maggie :)

Maggie is beautiful. Max will occasionally show an interest in the TV - it's a large screen and it startles him but he quite enjoys looking at the doggie in the fireplace glass (his own reflection). He's not vain at all lol!

Amber adores the TV. She actually watches it and responds. Trouble is, she has very firm opinions on what should and should not be on telly. To date, she reacts to:
-animals (real, cuddly, robodog, and cartoons)
-random sci fi monsters
-people doing unpeople things
-people turning in animals (she really, really does not like Professor McGonagall in the first HP movie)
-weird moving blobby things generally...

My housemate loves nature progs and she complains she can't watch them any more because Amber goes daft. Holly and Alanna couldn't care less.

She is lovely! Yes, mine both watch TV and Pixie used to as well. I had never before had a dog that reacted to TV. Bandit even looks at photographs!

Saturday a show on Leopards and Cheetahs was on animal planet and Bandit was really worked up! The camera angles where the big cats were stalking towards the camera and appeared to be looking into it scared him. He would back up startled and start barking like he was scared it was coming after him.
I think it is really cute the way they do. You can do a youtube search for "Winston Wolves" or maybe "winston cavalier wolves" and there is a cute video of a cav on there watching a wolf program. Quite funny...and familiar!

Camera

The camera is a Canon 40D. We just got it and I'm still trying to learn to use it. Here are a couple more of my favorite pictures of Maggie & Roxie. I just love these dogs. They're like my children. They are getting so used to having their picture taken that when they see me with the camera they just pose.

Mygirls.jpg
IMG_1994.jpg
The
IMG_2112.jpg

Nemo watchs a little TV too. He reacts dogs. Especially if there are cavaliers or labs on. but he doesn't really make noises. but dogs goes crazy when people rings door bell on tv..

thats a lovely picture ...what camera do you use i want some nice quality pictures of my lil kiddo junior please let me know

Our Maggie gets crazy while watching TV

Our Maggie Mae is reacts to anything on the television that she feels is not right. People who look wrong, any animal, any monster, almost anything that does not look like it should. A recent commercial with people covered in Chocolate, swimming in a chocolate pool had her flying off the sofa. She does not even like when people wear hats!! She starts barking and jumping at the TV as soon as she sees something that upsets her! I never realized how many commercials contain animals or strange animation. She starts to bark as soon as she even hears the music for Petco commercials and others that she knows will have animals. We have spent hundreds of dollars on trainers to break this habit but they have not helped. She has to be crated at night because if the TV is on and she sees anthing that upsets her during the night she will go crazy and wake the whole house.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to break this annoying habit? It is funny how tough she acts with the television when in reality she is scared of other animals, even a Yorkie puppy can make her run.

Diane

My Lady is exactly the same. My dad said he never saw a dog like her, she actually watches the tv and if you turn her away she doesn't like it!! She even knows the commercials and barks at the Pedigree ads in anticipation!! We cant watch nature programs either, she goes mad and it is very hard to calm her down.

Another peculiar thing is the other night I hung a cardigan on my bedroom door before I went to bed, a place where I would not normally hang clothes. Anyway Lady sleeps with me and she kept waking up looking at the cardigan and growling and barking at it. It was crazy. To begin with I thought there might be an intruder but then I noticed she just kept staring at the jacket. Must have been very sinister looking to her!!!

Ruby & Evie watch the TV, they go running for the front door if a doorbell rings on the TV as well. Evie barks at the TV if she sees a dog she doesnt like....even if it hasnt made a sound lol where as Ruby stands infront of the TV stand on her back legs trying to reach the dogs or animals on the TV lol
they have me crying with laughter sometimes!:jump:

Riley also focuses on the T.V....particularly animals, cartoons, and sudden noises (horns, doorbells, guns, etc).

Oh my gosh!! I thought Coco was the only one that watched tv! She does with such focus sometimes it is so human like. She has barked at things on the tv a few times also which I find hilarious!

Back