• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The Great eBay Challenge

Hi

Just another thought had a look at Nickis book which looks a very good book but its had no bids ,so I have entered a bid for it to start the ball rolling and hopefully now its up and running it will attract loads more bids that it so deserves.(y)

Hi :jump:

Hurray after my second attempt those lights are now listed as item number 320324830671 so if people could pls have a look and tell me what you think good or bad pls as its my first ever go selling previously always been a buyer ,if Dawn would let me up in that loft there will be loads of things I will have forgotten about over the years that been sneaked away and hidden from me.

My goodness, I'm impressed.
Five photos, and 'Buy It Now' facility.
Well done Brian.

Margaret C

How did you get on Kirsty???

Well I've spoken to a friend today, she has an incredibly talented husband who makes beautiful things out of wood.

He has a POCKET WATCH STAND to donate which they are going to send up to me - it may take a while with the Christmas post, but as soon as it arrives I will photograph it and put in on :*bay:

I bought one of these from him some years ago for a present, they are really stunning, and just the perfect thing for a pocket watch - as they are difficult to display otherwise!

So if you have anyone with a birthday in the New Year - or want to start next year's Christmas Shopping early :jump:, WATCH THIS SPACE!!

Hi Nikki

I hope you are feeling a wweny bit better after your horrible few days after your loss of that tremendous Special Cavalier Rupert as you and I know time is the only healer pls look after yourself and the rest of the gang. Your book on ebay as it stands strangely the highest bidder is me,so if i presume I last the pace and win it can i have your permission to read it and then return itto you so you can then re-ebay it .:)

Best wishes
Brian

Oh Brian that is really really lovely of you (y) What a kind and thoughtful offer.

If you win it {Paws crossed:) } - now you're the expert at listing, I would be happy for you to re-Ebay it when you've finished it if you like? Otherwise I'm more than happy to do so.

Thank you for your kind words too :flwr: I have collected Rupert's ashes today, so feel a bit better for having "him" back home.

Hi Nikki

You have made me very happy tonight just read that beautiful Oscar has been rehomed HURRAY oh i do so hope it works out ,what a glorious ending and a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to you ,as you rescue people are the real stars the rest of us just help a tiny tiny bit on the sidelines ,Oh a great big thanks. And I had a little bit of luck I won your book 26 + 3 p&p can i pay now via papal and of course we ill liaise once i have read it i can post it back to you to go back on ebay or if u want i can put it back on ebay .
Oh i am so pleased about Oscar many many tks again

Kindest Regards
Brian

Thank you so much Brian - will put it in the post to you tomorrow (y)

It's really good news about Oscar, lovely that he's in his new home in time for Christmas.

Hi Nikki

You have made me very happy tonight just read that beautiful Oscar has been rehomed HURRAY oh i do so hope it works out ,what a glorious ending and a GREAT BIG THANK YOU to you ,as you rescue people are the real stars the rest of us just help a tiny tiny bit on the sidelines ,Oh a great big thanks. And I had a little bit of luck I won your book 26 + 3 p&p can i pay now via papal and of course we ill liaise once i have read it i can post it back to you to go back on ebay or if u want i can put it back on ebay .
Oh i am so pleased about Oscar many many tks again

Kindest Regards
Brian

Well done Brian and Nicki, you are certainly proving to be expert eBayers (y)
I really, really, appreciate what you are doing.

I have to admit to a great big failure :( no one wanted my tape of Christmas Carols (can't blame them, nor did I) so I must take the prize for the most useless item that did not sell.

Tomorrow I will have to look & see what else I have got that may sell. I do still have another couple of items listed, & Roger donated a Wilbur Smith audio book, but only if I put it on for him ( typical )

My daughter & family sent £10, but I'm not sure if the hair extensions or any of their items actually sold. I'll have to check.

The earlier auction plus a donation meant that I have just sent £520.22p to the SM DNA Fund, where it will be ring fenced for the SM Cavalier Collection Scheme.

If you donate any of your money from the eBay challenge direct to the SM DNA Fund , please let me know, so I can make sure that it is flagged up that it is for the Collection Scheme.

Margaret C

I'm not so happy :(
Took my eye off the ball and missed it!!!!!!!!!!

Sorry Janet :( - but don't worry, Brian has very kindly said that he will donate it again once he's read it - we'll let you know once it's relisted :D

Margaret, that's a fantastic total so far (y) Will get a cheque off to Penny, and e-mail you too so that you can keep a note.

What a shame about the carol tape :( but well done to Vicki and family(y)

:( Not doing well on the e-bay bids (none!) but I have what I think is a "pity purchase" from a friend who says that she will buy the "non-ashtanga" DVD for £3. I will donate £1 each for the others if they don't sell by Sunday and put them in my local jumble.

Who do I send the money to?

:) Better fundraising news: I have a sewing machine in the loft (supersceded by a more whizzy model) which I was thinking about putting on e-bay but was concerned about the carriage costs for the buyer. However, I think I have found somebody who will buy it locally, though I won't be seeing her until January. Won't make a fortune (about £25 I think) but every little helps.

:snap:I have also got a few unabridged audio books I will scan the cover for a photo to put on e-bay. I will leave it until after Christmas now though, and I will post here when I have put them up.

:xfngr: I too had a bid on Nikki's book but missed the final day so will have a try again when it re-appears. I have some Cavalier and Border Terrier prints by Gill Evans so am particularly interested in her illustrations.

Hi Nicki
Book arrived this morning so I shall read it and post it back to you with compliments and of course leave excellent feedback on ebay ,it might be after Xmas though (the post back not the feedback) let the post load lighten ,pls let us all know Oscar settles down fine .Just checked my Ebay sale and still only that one bidder of £50 but 9 watching and 96 views so fingers crossed I might get higher bids .:)

Called in to work this morning to feed my cats (all shut now till Jan 5 but of course I have keys) its in the centre of Birkenhead and theres a market close so I buy £5 worth of chicken/turkey bits give them half (rest tomorrow) with a box of cat biscuits and two tins of cat food and put the tray in a big wooden kennel the lads built to keep the food dry and somewhere out of th weather to eat ,theres 8 of them all together so that will be my daily task till we go back and its only about 5 mile from home .The bad news is Lukes just said his Xbox 360 is not working and as we have already bought all his Xmas stuff including a couple of Xbox games and a laptop and loads more I suppose I will have to go and get him a new one of them otherwise he will have a face on him ,but then again hes Dawns and mine only child (thank heavens we could not afford any more) though she has two and I have three from previous marriages that are all grown up and departed and now I am a good lad and dont drink or smoke so its not too bad .I phoned my vets before to find out who does an emergency clinic ,after reading an horrendous post on another Cav forum ,just in case Tammi takes a bad turn and my vets use another local practice and not thankfully an agency .

Nicki you taped the book up well I shall have to be oh so careful opening it ,thanks again.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for Tammi.

Those cats at your workplace are so lucky you work there.

Roger's audio book sold and so did a 1985 year book & some Cavalier Club magazines from 1980 ( I have so many of these, from the eastern & southern clubs as well so I will just keep putting them on ) that totals about £12, so makes up for my dismal result with the Xmas carols.

I will put on some more tapes and books once I have sorted myself out for Christmas.

My daughter is doing all the cooking and entertaining this year, so I will have things easy but it does feel wrong not to have a turkey on order.

Margaret C

Hi and Hurray

My two spot lights which have been stashed away in the loft have just been sold on Ebay for the sum of £71.99 plus £12.50 p&p so of course this sum goes to Margaret's SM fund (provided they pay me) and also after having recently read all those tragic stories about our beautiful dogs IE Rupert ,Cailean and also Madison and all the other boys and girls that have recently made the trip to Rainbow Bridge (and shortly to be followed by my darling white pussycat Tammi) I will pay the postage and Ebay charges so there will be no monies deducted from the amount I receive.

Didn't those lights do well ,so if it wasn't for you MC they will still now be gathering dust up in the loft ,and when Luke was a baby /toddler he was a big fan of Thomas The Tank Engine so there must be at least 20 train sets up there somewhere ,but thats for the future

Back