• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The Great eBay Challenge

I managed to get round to putting a few more things on eBay :)

Cavalier K C Spaniel Year Book 1976
Item number: 290288713491

Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Design Cardigan
Item number: 290288710648

Five Southern Club Cavalier Spaniel Magazines 1982-86
Item number: 290288717083
rtCurve.gif
s.gif

Lilian Harry, The Bells of Burracombe, Audio Book 5 CDs
Item number: 290288719660
rtCurve.gif
s.gif

Josephine Cox, The Beachcomber, Audio Book, 3 CDs
Item number: 290288721596
rtCurve.gif
s.gif

Margaret C

Today a bid came in for my cavalier book! :jump: This is exciting!

Well done Cathy! It will be interesting to see what your book goes for.

I have to say I get a bit of a kick getting money for things I would have put in the jumble. Probably would never have bothered before, but I like doing it for a good reason. I have bids for all my items so will check in tonight to see what the final total is.

Still have to put the digibox on but haven't had time to sort out a picture yet.:snap:Must do it at the weekend.

The book's doing really well Cathy - so pelased. It's a wonderful item.

I've been outbid on the cardigan :( will keep watching it though!!

:) £26 winging it's way over to your Margaret - I will try to PayPal.

£2.99 for Room With a View (thank you Margaret!)
£4.70 for Hidden Lives
£17.99 for The Nine Tailors

Graham was very pleased about The Nine Tailors because that was his contribution.(y)

:) £26 winging it's way over to your Margaret - I will try to PayPal.

£2.99 for Room With a View (thank you Margaret!)
£4.70 for Hidden Lives
£17.99 for The Nine Tailors

Graham was very pleased about The Nine Tailors because that was his contribution.(y)

Thank you Jan, and special thanks to Graham,

I have added up the last months money (15/12/08 to 16/1/09, to include Jan's PayPal payment )
Total £251. 60 :rah:

With the previous month's money we have collected £771.82.

I have five items on eBay at the moment, see my earlier post.
Does anybody else feeling like clearing out some unwanted items?

Margaret C

Finally got round to putting the Roadstar 12V Freeview Box on:

:*bay:item number 330301855972.

There has already been two bids on the Freeview Box. Well done Jan (y)

My five items have made £84.56 :rah:

The Cardigan went for £21 and the 1976 year book went for £54.50. Thank you to the List Members who put in bids. I really do appreciate your help in raising this money.

I have more items to go on, I have some really generous friends that donate cavalier bits & pieces and I also have some items that belonged to my Mother.

I also have my eye on the cupboard full of children's toys, never really used, that were bought for my grandson to use when he comes for his weekly sleepover.
The only toy he ever wanted to use is my computer, and he has now well & truly outgrown what we have stockpiled in the spare room.

Watch this space :)

Margaret C

I sold my cavalier book today and shipped it to UK. (y) This was my first attempt at selling on eBay, and I did learn a lot from my many little mistakes :eek:, and I enjoyed doing it. Wow, eBay customer service folks are sooo nice, polite, and helpful!!!! :D

I wanted to keep it simple and only sell the one item my first time around. This coming weekend I'll list my remaining items that I mentioned earlier in this thread and hopefully sell them by the following weekend.

I came across something really cute and fun I will sell - The Doggy Bone Cook Book (Veterinarian Approved) - it has dog biscuit recipes for all occasions and holidays, and includes a dog bone shaped cookie cutter. The pages are cardboard like in books for toddlers, so it will hold up well in the kitchen - this would be a fun activity for children to do for all the holidays and birthdays! :rah:

:*bay:Freeview box sold for £30 - money sent to Penny Knowler via PayPal today.

Will sort out some more things to auction at the weekend.

Available on ebay from me:
Item 300291324216 - cavalier king charles spaniel by Juliette Cunliffe
Item 300291325312 - adjustable dog feeder (not suitable for cavvies I don't think)

Ok, I'm ready to make my donation. How do I send a PayPal donation?

Cathy, many, many, thanks for this, and also to Merlinsmum for the things she has put on eBay.

Nicki added instructions on how to put money into the SM DNA Fund PayPal account at the bottom of post number 1.

I was sent a £200 cheque from a small cavalier group last weekend, :) someone had been given donations instead of presents for what must have been a special birthday.
I don't know if any of the group come on to this talkboard, but if they do, I would like them to know how much it was appreciated.

I have more cavalier items I have been given but I made a big mistake & let my husband go away for the weekend without getting him to take the eBay photos first.

I'll let you all know when I put them on.

Margaret C

Ok, thank you; after looking a little closer, I see that all I have to do is sign in to PayPal, then click the 'Send Money' tab and put in Penny Knowler's address. Too easy! I will PM you the amount, Margaret, as soon as I calculate and send it. One of our members in UK bought the book, so the free shipping will need to be subtracted.

I have been overwhelmed with my job and medical stuff lately, but I have promised myself to list all my other things on eBay this weekend! (y)

Me too!

Paypal to Penny done :) PM to Margaret C done :)

Now to dig out some more stuff...

Thank you so much. :)

I must tell you all, and all those visitors that come to read these threads, that I have found it a real eye-opener being on this talkboard.
You are such a nice bunch of people, to each other & to your dogs.

I have collected money for cavalier health projects for about nine years now and in all that time I have found, with just a very few heart warming exceptions, that it is the cavalier pet owners that gives the most in time and money.

So thank you again to merlinsmum and to Cathy Moon and everyone else here. I really appreciate what you do.

Margaret C

Back