• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rupert

Nicki

This is the hardest post I've ever had to write -

Our precious, gorgeous, wonderful Rupert was given his wings last night :(

Everyone who met him fell in love with him - he could be so naughty sometimes but that was all part of his charm

He has touched so many lives - it's all his fault that we fell in love with the breed :). He was our first Cavalier, and the only one we have had live with us from a tiny puppy.

His passing was very peaceful - he was ready to go - and although we would never have been ready to say goodbye, we know we did the right thing.

After the others had had the chance to say goodbye, we put him up on the chair in the sitting room. We didn't want to leave him on his own - or to sleep in the bedroom without him, so we pulled the sofa bed out and slept in here with him too

I just can't stop crying :(, it's not fair especially so soon after losing Kyla {the end of August} but I like to think that they are together again.

Rupert was 12 1/2 on Thursday - we are so lucky to have shared that many happy years together.

Please indulge me a few photos:

from our wee precious naughty puppy

Rupert040404-25-52618.jpg

Rupert040404-30-58622.jpg

He always had a sense of humour
IMG_1165.jpg

Loved the snow
Rupertadj074518.jpg

but wasn't impressed with the ice balls
Rupertsnow_MG_1480.jpg

Hated bath time
Rupert040404-12-26614.jpg

Could be well behaved on occasion
Rupertbday.jpg

With his Mum when we went to visit - he was about 2
rupert30-1.jpg

We made some Christmas cards this year featuring this photo of Rupert

RupertChristmascard.jpg

Ah Nicki, how sad I am to read of Ruperts passing. He was a bonnie lad and that Christmas card pic is just beautiful. It is never easy no matter how much time we have to prepare. I lost, as you , know my Kiki and Doogle within one day of each other and it broke my heart.

Rupert had a wonderful life with wonderful people in a super home. My heart goes out to you pet.
Take care and hugs for you all. Rupert sweetie... play happy at the Bridge with all our babes. Bless you.*ng*l

Good night sweet Rupert, such a beautiful boy with such darling eyes

you still make me smile when your picture appears on my screen saver

hope to meet you on the other side one day

I'm so sorry Nicki. He really was the most beautiful boy. You are in my thoughts prayers and tears. :(

Rupert in his picture on the sand and the Christmas card appears to have that wonderful wisdom of the old but with a secret humor reserved for humans. The Card shows such an awesome Cavalier-so hard to part with his soul. He clearly imprinted your hearts and he has not left them. Would that words could ease your burden but know you gave him a beautiful life and a gentle passing.:flwr:

Oh Nicki I'm so sorry to hear you're heartbreaking news he's such a gorgeous boy, take care you're in my thoughts
Play happy Rupert in the beautiful sunshine at the bridge

i am very sorry to hear this news. he was so deeply loved for his family. thank you for sharing his wonderful photos with us.

I am tearing up reading sweet Ruperts story in pictures. What a wonderful life he had with you, and you will carry those precious memories forever. :hug:

Run free at the bridge Rupert, sweet boy.

Sending all our love at such a sad time to you and your family Nicki, bless you for the life you gave Rupert:paw:

Nicki, I am so sad to hear of Ruperts passing.

I always loved hearing about him and seeing his pictures, he had such a beautiful face.

I am so sorry for your loss.

PS.I have taken the last picture of the christmas card to use as my desktop background, I hope you don't mind,it's such a beautiful picture.

Last edited:
Nicki, my heart sank when I saw the name 'Rupert' on the memorial thread and I realised it must be your boy.

My thoughts are with you.

My thoughts are with you and your family in this difficult time. Rupert looked so handsome, I love the birthday pic of him, and I still remember the song you put with one of those pictures, something about teddy bears birthday party.
:hug: and :flwr: for you all.
Charlotte

OH Nikki

I have just pm you over something so trivial and now I read that how sorry we are he really was a beautiful boy you must be totally devestated, words cannot help but our thoughts are with you.

God Bless You
Brian:(

I'm so sorry Nicki.

Rupert was obviously a very special Cavalier. I always saw that in every post you ever wrote about him and all his pictures.

I'm sure it is some consolation that you had so many years with him, but still devastating nonetheless. There are simply no words to express how sorry I am for your loss. :hug:

Oh my Lord! :cry*ing:I am lost for words here Nicki :hug:this is just terrible news. My heart aches for you and Trevor. I am so so sorry that you've lost your precious wee boy Rupert. Please know that you and Trevor are in my thoughts and prayers at this very, very sad time.

Run free at bridge Roops and give my girl a kiss from me.

I'm very sorry to hear this news.He obviously meant the world to you and you can be strong in the knowledge that he had a long and wonderful life with you.Hope you're feeling a bit better,it's always tough for a while after.
Sins

Back