• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Rupert

Thinking of you at this very sad time. Rupert was much loved and knew it,and he'll take all those happy memories with him to The Bridge. Run free in the sun little one.

Nicki, you know how I feel about Rupert, and you know I understand how you must be feeling :(.

Rupert was just one of those characters. We all had the pleasure of meeting him just last month and he was soooooo funny and determined to make the most of exploring our home!

It's a testament to Rupert's wonderful, funny nature that he could walk into a house, meet 7 strange cavaliers (we had Misty-foster at the time) and get straight on with being Rupert :).

Nicki, I firmly believe that Rupert and Cailean were destined to be together and I want to thank Rupert for walking ahead of Cailean, in readiness to meet him at the Bridge.

Rupert and Cailean are quite closely related (cousins of some sort), and so very very similar in their mischievous ways, so I can only imagine what fun they're having right now. :)

((( hugs, Nicki )))

So sorry to hear that Rupert has been given his wings. Remember his memory will be in your heart forever. :hug::hug: to you all at this sad time.

Nicki, so sorry to hear about Rupert :flwr:, I loved seeing his birthday pics every year, he was one of my favourite cavaliers on cavaliertalk.
RIP little Rupert

I am so sad for you Nicki. Rupert's Christmas card photo is precious, there is something very spiritual about it, he really does look like an angel. I was fighting back tears as I scrolled through his photographs. I hope your sadness eases with time.:(

I always called myself Rupert's Grandma.

He was one of my Monty's puppies, and I probably met him before Nicki did.
I remember going to see this really beautiful litter of puppies, in fact I was so impressed that I told my friend & she bought one of the bitch puppies.

Rupert was so like Monty in looks, and I think in personality. A cavalier with a sense of humour, a touch of naughtiness, a habit of emptying the wastepaper basket, and sometimes deciding to do just what he wanted, never mind what you said.

Wonderful, wonderful, loving pets & companions.

I had the pleasure of meeting dear Old Man Rupert again just a few weeks ago. He was still beautiful, such a credit to Nicki, who so cherished him.

No dog could have been more loved.

Margaret C

Thank you so much for your wonderful and kind words - I truly wish I could have shared Rupert with you all. He loved everyone he met, and was just such a funny, naughty, adorable character, as Margaret says - he caused chaos wherever he went!!

We were so lucky that Rupert was well when we visited with Grandma - he loved seeing you again and thank you for looking after us so well :flwr:

Rupert enjoyed visiting, as Fran said we had a trip to see her too, and were honoured to meet precious Cailean, who's now reunited with Rupert :(. Rupert caused chaos there, gave the poor cats a bit of a hard time - sorry about that :eek: :flwr: - but it was lovely to see him full of mischief!

No-one can ever replace him - he was a dog in a million - but we were blessed that he chose to spend his life with us. He has only ever known love - came from a wonderful breeder with whom I am still in contact - she still has a litter sister of his, having lost the other almost 6 months ago.

The other dogs are being wonderful - Cruz always knows when I'm upset and comes over for a cuddle. Teddy has taken it worst of everyone, he is very subdued and clingy, but we're having lots of cuddles too. Poor Teddy has actually started going grey since Rupert was ill :( - I think sometimes we don't realise the depth of feeling they have for each other. Teddy came to us 3 1/2 years ago {he's 5 now} and Rupert had always been here for him.

{Rupert went grey when he lost his beloved companion, Fillipa.}

I want to thank you all for all the posts and messages, and support you have shown for us over the last few weeks - it really does mean a lot to us, this is such a wonderful, caring community.

It is wonderful that you have enjoyed his photos and stories over the years, I hope to still post more photos of him, we have so many and are going through them and finding many that I would like to share with you all.

Nicki, I am so sad to hear of Ruperts passing.

I always loved hearing about him and seeing his pictures, he had such a beautiful face.

I am so sorry for your loss.

PS.I have taken the last picture of the christmas card to use as my desktop background, I hope you don't mind,it's such a beautiful picture.

I'm so pleased you like it Pippa. Of course I don't mind you using it - if you are able to, perhaps you could make a donation to the SM Cavalier Collection Scheme Fund? {If you PM Margaret C on the board, or e-mail [email protected] for details}, That would be much appreciated. (y):flwr:

I am so sorry to read this Nicki I am thinking of you. Run Free Rupert and play.

This is one of my favourite poems, by W H Auden - it sums up how I feel at present:

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

I'm so pleased you like it Pippa. Of course I don't mind you using it - if you are able to, perhaps you could make a donation to the SM Cavalier Collection Scheme Fund? {If you PM Margaret C on the board, or e-mail [email protected] for details}, That would be much appreciated. (y):flwr:

I would be very pleased to do that Nicki:)

I will sort that out in the coming days.

This is one of my favourite poems, by W H Auden - it sums up how I feel at present:

Stop all the clocks, cut off the telephone,
Prevent the dog from barking with a juicy bone,
Silence the pianos and with muffled drum
Bring out the coffin, let the mourners come.

Let aeroplanes circle moaning overhead
Scribbling on the sky the message He Is Dead,
Put crepe bows round the white necks of the public doves,
Let the traffic policemen wear black cotton gloves.

He was my North, my South, my East and West,
My working week and my Sunday rest,
My noon, my midnight, my talk, my song;
I thought that love would last for ever: I was wrong.

The stars are not wanted now: put out every one;
Pack up the moon and dismantle the sun;
Pour away the ocean and sweep up the wood.
For nothing now can ever come to any good.

I recited that same poem over and over in my head when my Rudee went to the bridge :hug:

I'm very sorry for your loss of Rupert. He was such a beautiful, beautiful and very special boy. :hug: Thinking of you and Trevor. :flwr:

Thanks for sharing these lovely photos of him. I hope you'll share more photos and stories about him when you feel up to it. I loved the stories you've posted in the past, and I remember one where you took a photo of him sleeping between/behind the window draperies. :lotsaluv:

Dear Nicki

I am so sorry to hear about Rupert crossing the Bridge, my heart aches for you and Trevor and the rest of your fur babies.

I have chills just thinking that Sweet Rupert is no longer with you, please have peace in your heart knowing that he is at peace. I will email you, I am so sorry. I will never ever forget that Regal gorgeous face, I still have the photo's of the birthday parties you had for them, he was so Regal.

May he run free, and smile down upon you Nicki for giving him a truly wonderful life.

Please, please hold Tedbear close to your heart for me and give him a ever so gentle cuddle from us here in Canada. My little firecracker Darby and myself hold a very special place for Tedbear within our hearts. I am so sorry to hear that he feels Ruperts pain. I am going to pull out the DVD you sent me of them all running freely on the beach, I will treasure that in my heart forever more.

I am so so so sorry Nicki.
I cannot imagine the pain you feel in your heart.:(

Back