• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cailean Is Getting His Wings Today

I am so sorry. You have done this best thing for him and he would love you even more for helping him to end his suffering. He will be waiting for you with a waggly tail and no more pain. Sending lots of love. Helen & J

Prayers going up for you and your family at this difficult time. :( Just hang on to the joy and memories to get you through. I know exactly what you are going through right now, as do all of us who have ever been owned and loved by any precious dog in the past.

Oh Fran, a very, very big hug. He'd done so well for so much longer than you had at first feared, which has been a blessing -- I am glad you had that extra time with him as I know he has worried you a few times before. It is very hard to take this final journey with him. Thinking of you. :flwr:

I'm thinking of you and hope you can find peace soon. It is a heart breaking decision to make, and completely selfless on your part; he will thank you from heaven for relieving him of his pain.

I'm terribly sorry for your loss.... what a brave and selfless thing you have done for your beloved Cailean. May loving memories sustain you.

So sorry for your loss Fran, it's a tough decision you had to make :flwr:
Run free Cailean *ng*l

:hug::hug::hug:

I'm sorry to hear about Cailean, he is free from pain now and that was the best gift you could have given him. I'm so sorry for your loss. :hug:

I am soooo sorry. I am facing the same decision with my almost 14 year old schanuzer. I love her dearly and she has been the sweetest, smartest dog we have ever had, but she is now blind, has cushings disease, tumors, stomach problems, etc. Her quality of life has really deteriorated. I am broken-hearted....it is just never easy. My heart goes out to you. Judy

Fran, I've just seen this. I'm so sorry - but glad that you were able to eke out so much extra time with him.

I am so sorry for your pain. Letting go is always the hardest thing to do. But it is the kindest. Sending a lot of :hug:

Back