Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Cailean

Post Thanks / Like

Default Cailean

Cailean went to Rainbow Bridge this morning . We knew it was time, and we gave him his wings.

It doesn't feel like I'm typing this - it's as if someone else is putting the words on the screen and I'm watching from above.

We got Cailean when Misty (my 1st ever cav) died, in June 2000 and he was a delightful 9 week old puppy.

I'll miss hundreds of things about him - to name a few, countersurfing, nicking food, making his wonderful "woo woo woo" noise when he got over-excited (hence his nickname Woodle/Cailey-Woo), and more than anything the way he quietly but assertively led the clan.

I can't count the number of foster dogs Cailean has welcomed into our home, with a casual wag of the tail and of course all his permanent 'housemates'. When we first moved here in 2004, Cailean hated all dogs, but he turned into such a confident, reassuring guy to all the furry visitors.

You'd have to have met Cailean to know how funny he was. So mischievous, so lively, so over-excited - in fact, so much like Nicki's Rupert.

Cailean and Rupert are closely related, and I truly believe Rupert went ahead to show Cailean the way.

Cailean my darling nutcase, mummy loves you so very much. Please send our love to Declan and to Rupert and all the other babies waiting for us at the Bridge.

Run free sweetheart.
    Proud member of The Spaniel Trust - putting the trust back into spaniels.
    A Charity registered in Scotland SC038987

Post Thanks / Like

What a wonderful tribute to Cailean. His memory will stay in your heart forever. to you at this sad time.
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Bless you sweet Cailean. You and Rupert will have a grand old party over the bridge.
    Mary-owned by Maya, Scout, Jazz and Sassy
    Annie at the bridge 3/13
    Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we're here we should dance......

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Misty, such sad news. I'm so glad you have such fond memories of Cailean - keep them close.

Cailean, make sure you and Rupert have a great time at rainbow bridge and try not to be cheeky to the furkids already there! - Rip sweetheart.

Thinking of you all
    Kirsty
    Merlin and Oakleys Mum (Merlin -Male/B&T/5 years, Oakley - Male/Ruby/3.5years)

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry
    ---Aileen and the gang ()Barney---Jazzie---Jake)
    Cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky& Sam
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference.Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

to you at this time of letting your wonderful treasure have wings. Gone but in your heart always. Blessings for making his last trip loving and gentle.
    frecklesmom
    Learning new things everyday

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to read about Cailean
    Amanda
    Owned by doglets Elliot the Opportunist and Duchess Millie Mischief

"We never really own a dog as much as he owns us" -Gene Hill-

Post Thanks / Like

I'm truely sorry Fran, what a decision to have to make

We all send our love, includings Misty who sends a little kiss for her foster mummy
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh Fran I'm heartbroken for you

It seems so unfair this close to Christmas, I know they both enjoyed presents and extra treats, and all the extra opportunties for mischief - can you imagine what a party they are having together though? Rupert will have had all the bins out and Cailean will be surfing the counters, between them they will have a fine old feast

I know that like us, you have many many happy memories - once this horrid raw pain eases we can start to remember those happier times - already I have "film" of some running through my head - somethings make me laugh, others make me cry, but they tell me that Rupert is still with me and always will be. We will carry them deep in our hearts, always in our thoughts and hearts

Sending all our love, very big hugs for you all xxxx
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org