• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Found Cavalier In Sacramento, Ca!!!

Darby's Mom

Hello all!

A beautiful tri girl seems to have lost her way in the frigid cold right before the holidays! She was found wandering in the Natomas Area of Sacramento, California... no collar or tags, but she is obviously a much-loved and cared for little girl. No chip was found upon scanning. :(

She is not a fan of stairs, and loves snuggling and going on long walks for her potty breaks... so, I'm thinking she probably lives in a 1-story place...

I just know that somewhere, somebody is devastated over her loss...

Please, please, please get the word out regarding this girl. It would be such a shame for her to spend the Holidays without "her people."

If we find somebody who "claims" this dog to be theirs, we will be asking a series of "identifying questions," to ensure that this girl is properly returned to her rightful owners, and not opportunist looking to get a beautiful, free cavalier.

lostgirl.jpg

She is beautiful:luv: hope that her owners come soon
Aileen and the gang(Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

oh, she is gorgeous. I hope her family finds her. Have you posted signs around? I did that with a chihuahua that I got out of the middle of a busy highway last summer. The owners saw my signs and called the next morning. I just said "found, chihuahua. Call to identify" that way the people had to know what sex, color, markings, etc.
I do hope you find the owner. Her eyes seem to be pleading for someone to find her home.

:xfngr: her owners are able to find her soon. She is a beautiful little girl. Flyers and an ad in the paper might help to locate her owners quickly. I bet they are worried like crazy looking for her. :(

:xfngr: her owners are able to find her soon. She is a beautiful little girl. Flyers and an ad in the paper might help to locate her owners quickly. I bet they are worried like crazy looking for her. :(

Yes, ads have been placed in local papers and online... alerts to vet clinics/shelters have been made & fliers have all been posted - with no success...
I'm thinking her "people" might be out of town for the holidays...

Well, it is good for you to be keeping her and taking care of her while her owners are sought. Don't give up too soon! This summer, my sister and her husband had their little mini dachshund disappear (went under the back yard fence while out to the potty) the night before my sister had to get on a plane. Mini was supposed to stay with friends while she was gone because her husband was already out of the country on a mission trip. So, the next morning my sister had to get on the plane and leave. She put signs everywhere and had the couple who was supposed to keep Mini come by several times a day to check for her and leave out food and water on the porch. Mini is an indoor dog (she only weighs 4 lbs!) and only uses a little doggie door to go outside for brief times a day and to potty, so they were just sick with worry. So here was my sis, out of town for a week and relying on very sweet friends to check the pounds and walk the neighborhood. For that week, noone called. My sister got back home just sick with grief and worry. When her husband returned from his mission trip after 2 weeks, he finally could access his cell phone voice mail (it didin't work in Central America) and someone had Mini and had only called the number on her tag, which was his cell phone. They had called the second day she disappeared. By this time my sister got the message and was able to return their call, they'd had her for 2 weeks. (Don't know how they missed all the signs in the neighborhood with a good phone number on them). Getting her back was a happy day for my sister! And she was very grateful to the family who had taken good care of Mini all that time.

at least she ended up with someone who knows how to care for her. It's just too bad that she's not chipped. I think most people realize the importance of this, but a concrete example helps to reinforce.

Well, it is good for you to be keeping her and taking care of her while her owners are sought. Don't give up too soon!

Not to worry! She's not going anywhere until we find her "people." She is a total doll! She is obviously a much-loved and well cared for girl. She has a very clean, shiny coat and is in great body weight. She adores people (shocker, huh?), and other dogs. She is a veeery easy foster. Her ears have been clipped. I would guestimate her age to be 1.5-2 years of age. No leads as of yet... I bet her family is out of town for the holidays. You'd better believe the first thing I'll have her owners do when they pick her up is get her chipped!!!!!

GREAT NEWS!!!!!!

The family for this precious little tri girl has been found! They responded to an online ad I placed this morning on fidofinder.com!

Apparently, on 12/11 the son let the dog out in their gated front yard to potty late at night, went into the house "for 10 seconds" to quickly answer the phone, and somebody stole her! She lives about 25 minutes from where she was found!

So, case closed... this woman was in tears as I spoke to her on the phone, and described this dog perfectly - down to the 3 freckles on the left side of her nose! Photographs verified the match.

So, case closed! Another rescue with a happy ending! I made her owner SWEAR to me that she will IMMEDIATELY microchip her...
By the way, her name is Daisy & she "works" at a local Senior Center. :lotsaluv:
I will sleep well tonight!

Oh I love happy endings!! I kept thinking about how I would feel if any of my babies got lost/stolen. I'm so happy the family found her and that you took such good care of her. Glad all of mine are microchipped.

Oh that's wonderful news! The owner must have been heart sick. I am wondering if she just got out though, rather than someone stealing her away. I would think that if it was a theft, they would have kept her in or tried to sell her. Anyway, glad everything is okay and thank goodness you were there to foster her.:)

wow

I really hope someone is looking for her. She is so cute. I am in the East Bay, CA and if I could take her I would. Unfortunately we can only have a max of 2 dogs per our HOA. silly rule if you ask me. She needs a forever home, esp. for the Holidays. My Prayers go out to her and her owners.

Riley and Laurel send their Love as well. Especially Laurel because she knows what it was like not being loved. Adopted her from a despicable breeder. Yes you all have heard of her "Elizabeth Claire Simmons". It all ended well. I just hope and pray that she has not destroyed any other Cavs.

Best of Luck and Happy Holidays!!

Back