• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

No eating for 4 days...concerned

BostonGirl - Pyo is a serious womb infection - so if Bella is spayed, it can't be that - PHEW!!!

Sounds like she's just being picky - filling up on treats, and then guilting you into giving her fancy meals coz she's bored of her usual food... seems to be a common Cav trait!

BostonGirl - Pyo is a serious womb infection - so if Bella is spayed, it can't be that - PHEW!!!

Sounds like she's just being picky - filling up on treats, and then guilting you into giving her fancy meals coz she's bored of her usual food... seems to be a common Cav trait!

ACTUALLY, it depends on the size of the uterine stump. Please don't think that it "can't" happen, it can. It would be rare.

Hi

Pls do exactly what Karlin says ,have been through exactly whats happening to you at similar ages with all my three ,they had me sitting on the flloor hand feeding them fresh turkey/chicken/tuna all top quality Marks & Spencer food .Then it sunk in all this high quality food was actually harming them ,then I followed Karlins advice now they get plenty of quality foods and vitamins and variance but it is all meant for consumption by dogs ,so pls persevere with what is advised cos going down the path you are (and its the same one I went down ) in the long run you will be hurting your babies .My three girls are all my babies and they get what they want money no object but food wise they have what is best for them and not me and are thriving so much Poppy is and shortly Rosie will be on diets .:)

Thanks this is good advice and I have read about similar situations many times on the board with the same advice given. I should and will cut back on the treats (I guess I always just wanted her to get something in her tummy and wasn't thinking she was subbing these for her meals). My only question is what is a reasonable amt of time to continue holing firm before panicking? How long can should I hold strong and how many days can a dog go without food before it threatens their health?? She is quite stubborn and won't even walk over to her food most times to check it out or sniff it. I'm so bummed - there was a good few months where she seemed to love her food and would gooble it down - is she just sick of it? Thanks for all the support - this dog causes me more sleepless nights! :)

Hi

Pls hold firm she may go 3-4 days but providing she is drinking she will be fine its only a battle of wills ,I had Poppy and Daisy behaving together exactly as you say so for me it was double trouble. Now they all have a quality food like Burns or Royal Canin Cavalier dry foods (Burns is not available in the US but you do have lots of others available ) about 35 gramme ,some cooked chicken ,spoonful of bran ,some Keeper Mix (herbal additive ,squirt of Kronch salmon oil then uncooked veg as a filler IE green beans ,carrots ,cauliflower,broccoli .So good luck and persevere and pls post your progress and pics of your Cavalier pls.

Happy Hols and New Year :)

Back