• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Misty Update, with pictures

murphy's mum

Just thought I'd update you all on how Misty is getting on:)

She has settled in great, she's really made herself at home. Murphy and her are even starting to play when they are out on walks together(y). She is a total sweetheart :luv:

Like her doggy brother she is obsessed with food, and is a thief, when it comes to the cat food. Much to my cats disgust:rolleyes:. She has a lovely new collar, it's pink with Princess all around it, but she's no Princess let me tell you. After eating she will come and burp at you:grnyuk: , she is so un-lady like.

We have to go back to the vets tonight, we got drops as she had an ear infection, but she's not getting any better, and her ears are stinking now, poor lamb:(, so we will see what the vet has to say about it.

She has developed a little problem, of sometimes peeing in the living room in the same spot, even thought we repeatedly clean it with 'Simple Solutions Stain Remover' as recommended by Shirlee Kalstone. So as of this morning we have started feeding her at that exact spot, and leaving the bowl there, as it sound like habitual spot staining that Shirlee describesicon_nwunsure

Anyway here are a few photos
P6090038.jpg

P6090036.jpg

P6090037.jpg

Well after tea, I stood up to take her out, but she squatted right beside her food bowl:eek: It's not as if she pees there all the time, but out of 12 days, she's had 6 accidents all in that areaicon_nwunsure I've ordered a black light to see if I've missed anything. Can anyone recommend another cleaner?

I sprinkle vinegar and then let it sit for a minute. Then I lift it with a paper towel. Perhaps you can use a carpet cleaner or have them come in and clean. When we first got Dakota (a puppy mill rescue) she was making marks in the house, however once we felt she was getting the hang of the outdoors, we had modernistic come in and clean the house. It made a HUGE difference! Best of luck.

My sister has one of those VAX cleaners, I wonder if this would get the cleaner in deeper. Might be worth a try:)

Hi and congrats on giving her a wonderful new home. You may want to try the vinegar remedy for the carpet. One time a whole cooler of fresh shrimp and the juicy ice-water they were packed in turned over in the back of the SUV I used to have. THe whole thing spilled out and soaked into thte carpet. The smell was AWFUL. (Think rotten seafood). You can imagine when the vehicle had been closed up and got hot on a summer day...:grnyuk:

Anyway, a car detailer told me to pour straight vinegar on the carpet...to soak it and let it dry. He assured me that once it dried, there would be no vinegar smell...and no more seafood smell. I used a whole gallon of vinegar. It took about a week to fully dry it out, but TA-DA! it worked! the same approach might work on the urine since the shrimp was an organic smell, too.

Back