• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Toby

James

Toby died on 13th Nov 08 aged 14years 3 months and 11 days. He had taken ill earlier that day, I took him to the vet with breathing difficulties and they admitted him for tests including chest x-rays, I returned to the vet to see him and was told that the x-rays showed that he had an enlarged Right side of his heart and they were going to try to treat him. At that point he had some sort of attack, the vet said that it may have been a heart attack and his condition rapidly deteriorated, the vet said that he appeared to be dying and it was best to put him to sleep to which I very reluctantly agreed.
From what I can gather it appears that he did not have MVD and the murmur that he had was on the right hand side valve of his heart and this is why he never coughed. They said that his symptoms were not typical of Cavalier heart disease.

I am totally devastated at losing him, it all happened so fast, he really was my best friend and constant companion, my house is empty.

I did a small website for him a few years ago which I never got round to finishing http://www.tobydug.co.uk

These photo were taken on August 2nd this year, his 14th birthday when we were on holiday on the Black isle, Scotland
3113504191_f35370e383.jpg

3113502897_3dd4b6bd13.jpg

Last edited:
Sincere sympathy at losing your beautiful dog. What a good long life he had, but we can never have them long enough.

I lost my wonderful Tri, Bailey, 12 years old a few weeks ago. There will never be another like him and I miss him so much. This will be the first Christmas for many years without him and he did love it. He was such a child at heart.

Your sorrow will ease in time, and you will find comfort in your treasured memories. It just takes time.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

What an incredibly beautiful boy he was. I should be so fortunate to have my sweet boy for 14 glorious years. Sounds like he had a truly wonderful life and was so loved....we should all be so blessed. Rest well little man.

I am so saddened by your loss. Toby looks like such a wonderful boy.

I hope the wonderful memories of your 14 years together help you find peace as you deal with your loss.

I'm so sorry to read this - bless him Toby sounds like he was a wonderful character. He obviously had a fantastic life with you, and it's good that he wasn't ill until the end - at least that spared him suffering.

you weren't too far from me on the Black Isle! I hope you had a good holiday there with him and will have many happy memories, which you will be able to enjoy once this horrid raw pain starts to ease.

Although we are blessed when we have our companions to such an age, it also makes it so hard when we lose them, as they've been part of our lives for so long {I've just lost my 12 1/2 year old, Rupert}.

Take care - will be thinking of you in the coming days.

:hug:So sorrry to hear of your loss of Toby and so suddenly too. You were blessed with him for such a long time and will keep his memory foever in your heart.

Back