• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Minnie's incident

Sandrac

My innocent and beautiful cavalier has totally shocked me.

She loves chasing birds and while we were out walking she disappeared into some bushes. The next thing I knew there was this strange noise and when I looked she had caught a pigeon in her mouth :eek:. I managed to get hold of her but then totally freaked out as I cannot stand touching birds. Well the poor thing just about flapped its last as I picked her up and managed to get it from her mouth leaving her with a mouthful of feathers.

Luckily hubby was bringing up the rear with Cinders and picked the bird up and put it over the other side of the fence, where unfortunately it passed on to whereever pigeons go to.

She is now known as "killer" Minnie and is in great demand for getting rid of pigeons :p

EEk. Urk. Yuk. Poor you. I'm not afraid of birds, or touching them, but touching a dead animal - even being near one - I'm a bit phobic about. A pigeon killed itself by flying into our wall and it was dark.... it was only Amber barking at this dark thing (that I'd assumed was one of my housemate's shoes ... and narrowly avoided stepping on ... SQUICK) that made us investigate. I was deeply relieved that Amber did not pick it up and try to bring it in - I'd have freaked out even more!

I found mine rolling a magpie around the garden once. by the way its partner was squaking at them I think they were the ones who killed it......

a few years ago on xmas day my girl found a dead blackbird in the bushes , she thought santa really did good that year ,lol but nasty mammy wouldnt let her bring it in the house :(

A few years back whilst we were on holiday in wales my Sophie came out of the bushes and presented a dead duck at my feet (verry happy she was with herself too!!) :eek: I like you Sandrac was horrified!!!!!! to my relief I discovered it had riga mortis - phew! I thought she had killed it herself! Cavaliers are spaniels through and through!

And they're scavengers - Maddie ate a dead bird on Thursday last week - I didn't manage to get to her in time to stop her. Pippin managed to steal a wing but didn't have much. What always worries me is "what did it die of?" :grnyuk:

ewwww! I hate dead things too, particularly birds.

Bradley sniffed out 2 dead rabbits on Christmas Eve - I shrieked and covered my eyes and OH shouted 'leave it' and very luckily he did. I won't take the dogs on that particular walk on my own because it's moorland and too many things for Brad to find.

Wow, that's pretty impressive - none of mine have caught a bird yet!

Chocolate killed a shrew last week; she caught it in the same place outside where she killed a mouse last year. I guess we don't need a cat to keep the vermin away LOL.

Back