Thread: Hello From NW Indiana!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hello From NW Indiana!

Hello All,

Well it is currently 60 degrees here. It was -4 last Sunday. I will take this any day.

We are Laurie and Jim Powers and we live in Crown Point IN.

We have been dog people for many years.....

We were members of Florida All Setter Rescue when we lived there. Fostered many an Irish back there.

We currently have Darcy. She is our 11 year old Irish Setter rescue.

Maxie our mix breed 15 YO rescue girl went to the rainbow bridge in September.

We are now looking to adopt a Cavalier King Charles rescue.

We look forward to chatting with you all, SOON!

Happy New Year!

Last edited by mag88; 28th December 2008 at 04:44 AM. Reason: Add photo
    Laurie & Jim
    Darcy (11 YO Irish Setter Rescue) Maxie (Mixed Rescue at The Bridge) & our next CKC Rescue

Post Thanks / Like

A big welcome, from Sunny Southern California! Make sure you read up very carefully on how to select a reputable breeder before you make the big step. This board is a wealth of information for you as you research all of this. Good luck in your search!
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, and hope you find your perfect cavalier rescue. You are in for a special treat. I have had my first cavalier for 18 mo. now and I would love to have another one someday. Please keep us up-to-date on your search. Judy and Dixie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jld View Post
    Welcome, and hope you find your perfect cavalier rescue. You are in for a special treat. I have had my first cavalier for 18 mo. now and I would love to have another one someday. Please keep us up-to-date on your search. Judy and Dixie
    Thanks for the welcome!
    We will keep everyone updated on our search...
    Laurie & Jim
    Darcy (11 YO Irish Setter Rescue) Maxie (Mixed Rescue at The Bridge) & our next CKC Rescue

Post Thanks / Like

- You will learn a lot about cavaliers on this webboard. They are truly a wonderful breed to live with.
    Charleen and Cav's: Pippin (ruby male), Merry (b&t female), Luke (blenheim male) & Jolly (tri male puppy)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

And wellcome mag88 ,loads of info and friendly people ,good luck on your Cavalier search ,having had different pedigrees over the years I found Cavaliers with my Poppy 2 1/2 years ago and I am now totally bewitched.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Oops! Just re-read your intro and see that you want to rescue a Cavalier. Good for you!! We just adopted a wonderful girl (an ex-breeder rescued from a puppy mill in Missouri) by Lucky Star Cavalier Rescue. We are actually foster failures but now that we have our Claire, we can't imagine life without her! Good luck in your search, and take a look at the available Cavs on www.luckystarcavalierrescue.org
    Marianne
    Mom to Dottie, and our precious rescue, Claire-Bear