• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Homemade dog treats

There was one in our local paper here that my dogs are crazy for. Put in a chopper, 5 cut up ripe bananas, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup peanut butter, wheat flour for a firm consistancy to be rolled out (about 3 cups). Cut into shapes on a floured board or cut in strips. Cook about 25 min until firm. If they are cooked until firm, they keep very well without refrigeration.

Jane, mom to Alex, Foster to Rhett

There was one in our local paper here that my dogs are crazy for. Put in a chopper, 5 cut up ripe bananas, 1/2 tsp cinnamon, 1/4 cup peanut butter, wheat flour for a firm consistancy to be rolled out (about 3 cups). Cut into shapes on a floured board or cut in strips. Cook about 25 min until firm. If they are cooked until firm, they keep very well without refrigeration.

Jane, mom to Alex, Foster to Rhett

They sound good enough for us humans to eat!

Made these for the crew yesterday, added some oats for extra crunch, cut into bunny shapes, they looked a bit odd, but smelled yummy, and sure the doglets loved them ;):D

Oooops, tried to make image smaller, but cant seem to be able to edit it!!!

xmas2008031.jpg

Amanda those are cute! Which recipe was that?

I am going to try the cheese ones today to bring round to dog-owning friends this evening.

:) I used the cheese recipe, added oats aswell and kept back a bit of the cheese to sprinkle on top. They smell lovely baking in the oven too:D

Back