Thread: Abby

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Unhappy Abby

My parents gave their GSD x Lab her wings yesterday morning. She would have been 14 tomorrow.

Her back legs had been slowly going over the past few years but medication was keeping her pain free, yesterday she couldnt hold her weight to stand to eat for the 2nd day & she didnt even want to eat her favourite food.

They knew this day was coming fast as when I spoke to mum on the phone on Christmas day Mum said she was going down hill fast now, but they had hoped to get Christmas out of the way first.

My Mum adopted Abby from the margaret green foundation where I worked, as a 16 week old pup, her orignal owner didnt want her anymore as she was growing too big & he really wanted a small dog! Mum came out to my job to bring me the lunch she had made me & I had forgotten to take that morning, just as I was unloading Abby from her original owners car & she fell in love with her & took her there & then! My dad wasnt impressed to begin with but fell in love with her too, she was a very sweet pup. She had a good life, alway there with a toy for you to throw down the garden for her - I will really miss her when I go home in a couple of weeks. My parents still have a 9 year ld retriever called Muttley, I just hope he will be ok without Ab's.

Unfortnatly as it happened on a sunday & over Christmas the cremetoriums are all closed, they left a couple of messages on one answer phone but are still waiting for them to get back to them.
    Sonia
    Cass (F - JRT - 25/11/97) Sparky (M - Blen - 11/01/08.) & Lucy (F - Blen - 12/11/09-ish!)
    Leo waiting at the bridge

Post Thanks / Like

So very sorry for you and your parents loads of
    ---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)
    Cavaliers at the bridge Mattie and Rocky& Sam
    Better to light a candle for one lost dog than to curse the darkness of man's indifference.Saving just one dog won't change the world but it surely will change the world for that one dog.

Rayleigh, Southend-On-Sea, United Kingdom, United Kingdom
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm so sorry Sonia, please pass on my condolences to your parents
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Sonia

So sorry to hear about your Mums dog ,14 yrs is a long ,my best wishes to them ,on Sat I lost one of my cats she too had to be PTS and we had had her for 12yrs.
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

So sorry to hear about Abby.
    Gus(blenhiem) Pippin(tri) DJ(ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry they had to make such a difficult decision Sending lots of to you and your family.
    Run free at the bridge Abby
    Ollie Roxy Bailey