• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Abby

Dublin

abby.jpg

My parents gave their GSD x Lab her wings yesterday morning. She would have been 14 tomorrow.

Her back legs had been slowly going over the past few years but medication was keeping her pain free, yesterday she couldnt hold her weight to stand to eat for the 2nd day & she didnt even want to eat her favourite food.

They knew this day was coming fast as when I spoke to mum on the phone on Christmas day Mum said she was going down hill fast now, but they had hoped to get Christmas out of the way first.

My Mum adopted Abby from the margaret green foundation where I worked, as a 16 week old pup, her orignal owner didnt want her anymore as she was growing too big & he really wanted a small dog! Mum came out to my job to bring me the lunch she had made me & I had forgotten to take that morning, just as I was unloading Abby from her original owners car & she fell in love with her & took her there & then! My dad wasnt impressed to begin with but fell in love with her too, she was a very sweet pup. She had a good life, alway there with a toy for you to throw down the garden for her - I will really miss her when I go home in a couple of weeks. My parents still have a 9 year ld retriever called Muttley, I just hope he will be ok without Ab's.

Unfortnatly as it happened on a sunday & over Christmas the cremetoriums are all closed, they left a couple of messages on one answer phone but are still waiting for them to get back to them.

So very sorry for you and your parents loads of:hug:
---Aileen and the gang (Barney---Jazzie---Jake)

Hi Sonia

So sorry to hear about your Mums dog ,14 yrs is a long ,my best wishes to them ,on Sat I lost one of my cats she too had to be PTS and we had had her for 12yrs.:(

Sorry they had to make such a difficult decision :( Sending lots of :hug: to you and your family.
Run free at the bridge Abby :paw:

I'm sorry to hear about Abby :(

I'm also sorry to hear about your cat, it's an especially hard time of year to lose a pet :(

so sorry to hear about Abby. Many don't understand that losing a pet feels like losing a family member (because to us animal lovers, that's what it is!). This is a place to come where the grief from such a loss is understood. Hugs to you and your parents. :flwr:

Sorry to hear about Abby. Picture her running free at the bridge now with no more pain, and the happy memories she carries around with her. Its especially sad to loose a family member at this time of year. My thoughts are with your parents. Take care
Diane xxx

So sorry to hear this sad news - so many of us have lost our precious companions over the last few weeks :(

May it be a comfort to your parents and you, that Abby had a wonderful, long life and was obviously much loved - bless her she was meant to be with them, and I'm sure she will be sorely missed.

In time this horrid raw pain eases, and you can just look back and remember the happy times.

I'm so sorry about the crematoriums, that isn't very good that they are closed and not returning messages :(

Run free, Abby.

I wish your family comfort while they wait for time to take some of the pain away, so they can 'move on' to the good memories.

Thanks so much everyone, it means so much to be abe to tell people who understand the loss, so many people I know if I was to tell them they'd almost say 'so what, it's only a dog' not because they dont care but because theyve never shared the love of a dog & they dont understand.

I know we've all lost a good few of our treasured companions this last year & I hope that they are all over the bridge playing pain free.

Myself,
Ive lost my boy Leo (chinese crested x maltese - 14.5yrs)
My parents/family dog Abby (GSD x Lab - almost 14 yrs)
My in-laws dog Deano (Collie x 13yrs)
My friend Shelleys Boxer Jungle (13yrs)
My Friend Susans Lab Jake (13yrs)
My Friend Maris lost her Kelpi x Boxer Daisy-Mae she brought to England from Oz & I looked after in quarantine (I think she was 12 or 13yrs)

I just hope that this year brings less losses for everyone

Back