• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Some of you expert photographers may be interested...

merlinsmum

We were looking for somewhere that produces wedding albums in the coffee books style as photographers around here want £1600 for photos and album, so we thought "bugger it" we'll get a professional photographer JUST to take the photos and we'll sort the album.

Around 4 o'clock one morining when Joel couldn't sleep he woke me to tell me he had found some free software to design your album and then send your design off to be printed at pretty reasonable rates.....

and so I give you www.bobbooks.co.uk!

I've made a little book with pictures of the boys - I know the quality will not be so good because a lot of Merlins photos were taken on a mobile phone, we thought we try out one of the small landscape books at £36 to see what the quality of the actual book is like (they are made in switzerland so hoping they are good.)

I though it may be a good idea for those that have lost a beloved friend and want to put their pictures into a "coffee table" book that they can look at their furry friends everyday rather than have to log onto the computer and search through the many photos I suspect you have.

This is my christmas idea to you all - hope you all had a good one and wish you the very best for the new year!

thanks for that Kirsty - will have a proper look later but it looks good - let us know what you think of the quality :D

thanks for that Kirsty - will have a proper look later but it looks good - let us know what you think of the quality :D

I was thinking of you when I posted this was going to pm you to tell you to have a look!

The software is easy to use - even a dummy like me managed!

Thanks Kirsty, they look great, will definately try one for our wedding photos (only 9 wks left OMG!):)

I was thinking of you when I posted this was going to pm you to tell you to have a look!

The software is easy to use - even a dummy like me managed!

Hardly a dummy Kirsty with what you achieve with the calendar every year (y)

Just had another look at the site it does look interesting. I'm tempted to make up a book of Rupert photos...just have one or two, I think it is over 800 :eek: so a few to choose from.

Making a book of a lost companion is a great idea. (y)

Most of the photo sites do books as well -- and they are really easy to do on Macs right from the iPhoto program then order to be delivered. My cousin has one of the latter that a friend did for her of images of her house which she'd restored. I've never tried a book though.

Look forward to hearing how yours looks! :)

Here's a screen shot of two of the pages that I have mocked up ready to send to them. (sorry about all the white space - I'm not very good with Paint)
3149459667_77a36267f0_b.jpg

Oh that's wonderful Kirsty, well done. I can't wait to hear what you think about the results.

Great idea :D

lulu.com also prints books , I looked into it when a "friend " was doing a breed book

Can't wait to see your finished book Kirsty.

For US people, Shutterfly also prints books ... I do one of Lucky (and now Sparky) every year. Here's his 2nd year book:

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AasXDJm3ZtGkL

I got this one free for some reason so I chose the 8x8 size, but they have a variety of bigger sizes too. I also do one after each major vacation ... they are actually really affordable and so much nicer than traditional photo albums.

On Blurb.com you can self publish your book so anyone can order. MyPublisher also does nice books - they are actually (or were?) that Apple contracts to print the books from iPhoto.

Photobooks are a great idea. I did one for Pixie when we lost her this summer. As hard as it was, putting together the book helped, and when the book arrived, we glued her ID tag to the inside cover and we all wrote some personal memories and thoughts on the blank pages. We look at it often.
Here is a link to it. We also did it on shutterfly.

share.shutterfly.com/action/welcome?sid=8AaN2zRk3ZtGEa

Back