• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

WARNING Keep your dogs on a lead around pond this weather.

Oh my word, yes I know exactly what it is like to witness something that horrific. I had only just started going out with Frank my then to be husband (did not know it at the time) We were going for a walk late February with my two dogs Cassie and Jade around the lodges, all of a sudden Jade spotted a duck on the frozen lodge and just jumped on the ice and ran across to greet the Duck. Yes you guessed the ice broke and Jade disappeared under, Frank started stripping his clothes off when the ice started to crack on the surface and up popped Jade who then managed to climb up onto solid ice,do not ask me how but she then ran across the ice back towards us. Frank scooped her up in his arms and wrapped her in his clothes and all was well. I knew then Frank was the man for me, walking back to our house with him showing nothing but his underpants was all it took for my heart to melt.
I hope all goes well with your baby, sending thoughts and hugs.

My goodness, you couldn't possibly let a man like that slip through your fingers.;)

Your tale made me think of my Mother's advice that you should never go out without putting on clean underwear.
She said you never knew when there may be an accident & it could become on public view.

Margaret C

Thank you all for your kind posts :hug:and Hollydolly and Margaret C thanks for sharing your frightening experiences. Hollydolly you made me smile, and the man who saved Gabby his boxer shorts and his one sock is besides the pond I've been told. :flwr: to everyone who's been thinking of Gabby.

Gabby came home at around 1.00pm yesterday and apart from fluid on her lungs which she has antibiotics for she appears none the worse from her ordeal. I know how lucky she is to be here today. I have walked Jasper today past the pond but he was on lead. When it is warmer I will take Gabby back. She has seen the vet today and he was pleased with her. It is hard to believe that she nearly died on Monday and is back to normal today, we are calling her our christmas miracle now :D.

Happy new year to everyone and take care.:)
Andrea

Oh, how awful for you! I am so glad that man was there to save your poor little dog! And, of course, I'm glad he's okay. I will be praying for you and your dog. Please don't blame yourself, these things can happen to the best. Just know that we all are thinking of you!:lotsaluv:

Great news, I'm pleased she's back home with her family where she belongs, gentle hugs from me for the brave little girl

Thanks all, and Elaine that is a lovely thing to say, she has had hugs through the week and visitors and treats.
Things are settling down now and I am not reliving the ordeal in my head now, I have seen the man who rescued her and he has dressings on both his legs because the ice cut him when he was in the pond.
I know I said Gabby wasn't going by the pond no more but we walked her there briefly, and she seemed quite happy but she wouldn't go near the bank of the pond never mind the ice, and her tail was between her legs. Couldn't believe it today because the pond is in sight of my mams and I looked over and older kids were walking over the icy pond :sl*p:.
The only thing now with Gabby is that if she gets excited or runs around she will pant and seem out of breath, but she is still taking her antibiotics and she will see the vet again on Monday, but her appetite is (as always) great so she is on top form :).

Back