• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

We nearly hit 2 dogs with the car.

*Pauline*

We had just set off round the corner passed the boarding kennels. I hate them as they are puppy brokers too. Two dogs ran straight across the road in front of us. I jumped out of the car as they ran back to their house, the front door was open. As you may know from previous posts, I hate this place for selling puppies and they have been in the papers for selling very sick dogs. It's got new owners but they still advertise puppies always available. You wouldn't believe it, it's a very posh house. I marched straight up to the house and told them I found their dogs running around in the road and I couldn't close the heavy broken gate. They blamed it on the dustman. I said they should put the bins out on the drive so the dustmen don't have to come into their property and to fix the gate. About two years ago a dog they were boarding escaped and got killed by a car. It's right by the A127, a very busy arterial. You'd think there would be a "Please Close The Gate" sign.

Anyway, I know this isn't Cavalier related but I wanted everyone to think twice when relying on someone to close your gate. Put a sign up and make sure the catch works properly.

Last edited:
Good for you Pauline! People like that really make me angry.:mad: Thank goodness you didn't hit the poor dogs, though it wouldn't have been your fault, but the reckless neglect of these backyard breeders. I can't believe people would board their dogs here either. I am amazed at the mentality of people who run these farms.

Thanks for the heads up reminder on the gate latch. We have a clip that goes on our gate so no one can come in or out without unlatching it on the inside of our property. The meter readers know to knock when they come by, then we can let them in and keep the dogs inside.

That's great that you went and told them what had happened. How ignorant -- and how sad that a boarding place considers their own dogs to be so dispensable! :(

Back