• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Birdie Little Bandit-Part 2

brotymo

Unable to get a real bird, Bandit learns to compromise...

How do you like my pheasant?

e41cb8a5.jpg

I even hold it like a proper bird dog does. I am so proud of me!

91f22d79.jpg

No!!! Laddie you can't have it!

aad10ed9.jpg

Got it on the drive-by!

ca02273f.jpg

Now, run like the wind to preserve the prize...

6936a7ec.jpg

b7cae805.jpg

What do you have of mine, now, Laddie? Is it a bird?

620f125e.jpg

Give me back my prarie chicken!

618da183.jpg

Everybody having fun!

cfeb9000.jpg

It's okay, Lad, I'll share with you.

0ad64060.jpg

5c94da0d.jpg

See? I AM a real bird dog!

c1e6fd2e.jpg

You have some of the most beautiful dogs. Every one of them. I am so jealous! The collie has a gorgeous coat. They just all look so happy to be together and playing like they were meant to be! LOVE it... :luv:

What a lovely story in two parts - and wonderful pictures! I really enjoyed all of them, and your dogs are WONDERFUL!

Thanks everyone, and Mellie, thanks for the compliments to Laddie's coat. It does require an UNGODLY amount of grooming to keep it that way! He has one heck of a coat, but it is worth keeping healthy. I hate to see dogs get neglected and have to lose their gorgeous coats due to mats.

Awesome pics !
Bandit should take some hunting-classes with your hubby....he´s got lots of potential !

(Topðsecret info: I think I have a crush on your Laddie...he is gorgeous and looks like the perfect pup-babysitter:luv:)

Awesome pics !
Bandit should take some hunting-classes with your hubby....he´s got lots of potential !

Don't have one of those! Mine traded me in for a much newer model almost 4 years ago.

(Topðsecret info: I think I have a crush on your Laddie...he is gorgeous and looks like the perfect pup-babysitter:luv:)

Laddie is quite the sweet boy. He is so patient with the babies...unless there is food around. He will not let another dog mess with his food!

stunning photos!! I love them - really made us both giggle out loud!!!

please post more!!!:snap:(y)

hope you dont mind but im going to send this link to my father in law who has a real 'bird-dog' :):)

The pictures are so excellent and the dogs look wonderful-whatever you're doing for grooming can't be beat. So fun to see Lad and Kaya mixing it up with the smaller ones. :)

I really enjoyed looking at all your pictures of your dogs at play. Laddie sure is a great older brother to your cavaliers. What fun they were all having. :dogwlk::dogwlk::dogwlk::dogwlk:

The pictures are so excellent and the dogs look wonderful-whatever you're doing for grooming can't be beat.

Thanks! He really does have a lovely coat. It is work to keep mat-free and pretty. I just do the grooming myself with some help from my oldest daughter. She spends about 10-15 minutes on him 2-3 times a week, concentrating on the areas that tend to mat without close attention (behind ears, under elbows, petticoats and tail) , and then I do a really good involved deep grooming about every 10 to 14 days that lasts about an hour. Bathing is done only every few months. His coat is better off without over-bathing. My cavs. get bathed weekly to keep them smelling nice.

Those are amazing pictures, you're really good at photography! Your bigger dogs are beautiful - Laddie is absolutely gorgeous with that coat, and Kaya has stunning eyes. You can tell you spend a lot of time grooming them!

Wow- great pictures of all the dogs. I liked your little bird dog story. :D I agree that Laddie is the most beautiful collie. It looks like he is so gentle with the cavalier babies. (y)

Wow- great pictures of all the dogs. I liked your little bird dog story. :D I agree that Laddie is the most beautiful collie. It looks like he is so gentle with the cavalier babies. (y)

He is a sweet boy. We are lucky to have him. He was his breeder's pick of the litter...just perfect in almost every way. They had intended to keep him and show him and eventually breed him (they are responsible, health-focused breeders) etc. Unfortunately, when they took the litter of pups for their CERF's, Lad was found to have collie eye anomaly in one eye, so he could only go to a pet home. He is blind in his left (brown) eye. He has one blue eye and one brown. I feel fortunate that we got him. Had he not had the bad eye, we would not have been able to get him.

Hi Brotymo

I totally agree with all posts what super Pics and your dogs all look superb ,you must have grooming off to a fine art .Congratulations and thanks.:)

Back