• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Walk tomorrow??

cecily

Wunderground seems to think tomorrow will be cold and cloudy with a chance of snow (!). Only 30% chance of precipitation. http://www.wunderground.com/global/stations/03974.html I think we'll definitely head up to Dun a Ri anyway.... all 4 of us need to work off some of those New Year dinners :D

Karlin, amanda, anyone else?? 9+ cavaliers would be better than 2! :lol: :dgwlk:
Recent photos from Dun a Ri at http://board.cavaliertalk.com/showthread.php?t=28477
Information on the forest park at http://www.coillte.ie/index.php?id=915

What time are you considering? I'd be up for a late morning walk, say around 11 to 11:30.

Perfect... maybe 11:30? :) The main entrance is on the Carrickmacross road, on the left handside about a mile outside Kingscourt town. It is signposted I think, but for anyone not sure it's the roundabout at the very top of the town, near supervalu. We'll meet in the main carpark so? Looking forward to it. :dgwlk:

That sounds good. I have a friend coming over for a meal in the evening so need to do a morning walk. :)

Would you have room for a few more? I think we would like to join you. 2 adults, 2 kids, 2 dogs? :p
Will be heading from Dublin / Kildare area so might need directions :eek:

Anyone come along that can!

There's a thread with directions in the photo section!

The trusty old AA journey planner sorted me for directions! Hopefully will see you all tomorrow.

We went their few days ago - its such a nice spot you'll have a fab time!!! Don't forget to make a wish at the wishing well :rolleyes:

We had a great time! It was raining this am in Dublin but the skies cleared at Slane and it was such a pleasant sunny drive; lovely countryside up there. Met Shivers and Cecily and all the dogs had a nice run and various water lovers got very wet as well :rolleyes:. Lots of very tired and silent cavaliers this evening... :rotfl: Cecily took lots of pics with her very nice camera so might be some photographic evidence as well.

It wasnt actually too bad (for the people anyway, the dogs were filthy)! If there is a speck of dirt, mine will find it and walk in it!
It was lovely a sunny and not too cold. The grassy areas were a bit soft but there are plenty of pathways to walk on. :dogwlk:

I took some photos too but all the good ones are of Cecily's Dora & Dougal :snap: Mine just refuse to pose for pictures and Glen went off with the camera shortly after Karlin arrived. Ill try and post the ones I have later.

Isn't it very wet and muddy up there this time of year?

My dogs are wondering why this would be seen as a negative? :rotfl: That's why they enjoyed themselves so much.

Cecily took lots of pics with her very nice camera so might be some photographic evidence as well.

The dogs had such a good time! I have to laugh at my two... Dora who has completely white legs (obviously as she's blenheim) came home pristine... hardly a spot of dirt to be found on her. And Dougal my black and tan hairy monster was absolutely dripping in mud. Straight to the bath for him. :lol:

Was raging with my photos... it's my father-in-laws camera and I had it set on the the sports setting to try and capture the action shots and nearly every single photo is really blurry :( What am I doing wrong??? Will post the best ones prob tomorrow as have friends coming over later and in a mad post-christmas cleaning frenzy!!!!!

Claire Dun a Ri is actually pretty good mud-wise. There's gravel paths, but even on the dirt tracks it's never too muddy. Naturally Dougal comes home with half the forest floor but actually never any worse than if we walked him around Navan sticking to the paths.

Sounds like you all had a fun walk, and that the doggies had a great time :paw:. Its such a super spot for walks. Glad you got my text, Cecily, that we weren't able to make it, wasn't sure about phone reception up in the forest:)

Karlin wrote:
My dogs are wondering why this would be seen as a negative? :rotfl: That's why they enjoyed themselves so much.

:lol::lol: nothing like a roll in good clean mud!!

Cecily wrote:
Naturally Dougal comes home with half the forest floor

Hee Hee, all of mine had "forest tails" on the last trip too.

Looking forward to see the pics !!

I remember the last time we went there it was raining very heavily and everyone was soaked. Might give it a go at the week-end and see how we do.

Cara told me to tell you all that she is a LADY and doesn't do MUD :p

Back