• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Joshua - my first Cavie

Joshua

Hello...I recently entered the dog owner world with a little blenheim Cavalier, whom we named Joshie. Originally for my daughter, this puppy is now the absolute LOVE OF MY LIFE!!!!

I am sitting in a hotel room with my extended family to celebrate my mother's 70th birthday and my heart is aching as I had to leave my Joshua at home under someone else's care for the week.

I feel terrible for not wanting to be at this beautiful vacation spot with my family, as I'd much rather be at home with my pup. I don't dare speak about it here with my family as I've already been accused of loving 'a dog' more than my own mother.

So here I am, amongst other Cav lovers and hope to find someone else out there that might share the same sentiment of just loving being home or anwhere else, as long as their Cavalier partner is alongside.

I had no idea I could be soooooo bonded with a k9 companion.

In reading some other posts:
Yes, I'd get another - 2nd will definitely be from rescue
The CA 7 finding homes - heartwarming thread
Health posts - very informative indeed

I think you will find so many who can empathise with you! i for one hate going away and leaving my little Bailey, but think of all the extra cuddles you will get as soon as you get home!!

Welcome, I have just joined the forum, Jasper is the love of my life and our first dog, he`s nearly 9 yrs old, thought it was only me that had a thing about cavaliers, but I know now that its not:luv:

Hi Joshua

And wellcome to you and Joshie to the wonderfull world of Cavalier people and their doglets ,I am sorry to inform you there is no know cure the only thing I can think of to help is another infusion of Cavaliers ,or two ,or three .:)

I'd much rather be at home with my pup. I don't dare speak about it here with my family as I've already been accused of loving 'a dog' more than my own mother.

I know what you mean! I recently got a full-time job after 5 years at home with babies/young children. I was heartbroken to send my 3 yr old to daycare and to see my 6 yr old finally go to school full-time. Now, given that, wouldn't you think I'd be pining away at work waiting to see my kids at the end of the day??? To be truthful, I just can't wait to get home to see my dog!!! She is always so happy and sweet unlike my ever whining, ever demanding, oh so exhausting daughters! Being accused of loving a dog more than your own mother is one thing ...but more than your kids!? ....:wink:

Indeed

Yes, I totally can relate to enjoying time away from my kids. In fact I am now going to have to do some research on vacation hotels that will welcome my Joshie and plan a getaway. I like to take a getaway, san husband and kids, each year to recharge and refresh and from here on out it'll be a mom's getaway with Joshua.

I feel much better that I am not the only person that is overwhelmingly attached to their k9 friend.

Nice to know others here are in CA also. I used to drive the streets looking for another Cavalier in my neighborhood and have not been able to meet another Cavie yet in OC.

Welcome !

Hi there and welcome. I know exactly how you feel. I've had my little darling Maggie since August and she is so so much a part of my life. I thought about taking a vacation recently and then thought about boarding or having someone babysit her and I talked myself out of it for another time perhaps.

I've been fortunate to have the ability to work from home and she is my constant companion...running in and out of my office with a toy, laying on my lap during conference calls, taking breaks and going for walks. Currently my company is in dire straights financially and talks of layoffs run rampant.....believe it or not..I'm not as fearful about losing my job as the thought of having to report into an office everyday and not being able to be with her...

Yup...I've got it BAD too !

Best of Luck to you and Joshua....as you can see you have plenty of Cav owners who share your exact feelings and bond with their little "love sponges" !

Maggies Dad :)

Now, given that, wouldn't you think I'd be pining away at work waiting to see my kids at the end of the day??? To be truthful, I just can't wait to get home to see my dog!!! She is always so happy and sweet unlike my ever whining, ever demanding, oh so exhausting daughters!

Yep...must agree with you there. My kids usually meet me with demands, complaints and tattle-tailing on each other. Dogs? They just tell me they love me and missed me!

Welcome to the board! I understand what you mean. I drag mine with me everywhere I can get away with it. In fact, I don't even know what I will do when I HAVE to leave them sometime...I don't want to think about it. Maybe I'll disquise them as people and bring them along. They think they're human anyway!

Back